The Phono

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
dERvXeroX

Post by dERvXeroX »

I vaguely remember before the early 90's refit, there was a kind of barrier in front of and away from the bar and most weeks there would be, leaning on it, Shane, Justin, Moss, Angel, Ill have to have a think, who else. I saw Justin a few years ago and he hasn't changed at all. I still see Angel, Mostly at Rock of Ages.What ever happened to Shane?

dERvXeroX

Post by dERvXeroX »

I remember my girlfriend at the time complaining about the camera.

David Raven

Post by David Raven »

dERvXeroX wrote: I vaguely remember before the early 90's refit, there was a kind of barrier in front of and away from the bar and most weeks there would be, leaning on it, Shane, Justin, Moss, Angel, Ill have to have a think, who else. I saw Justin a few years ago and he hasn't changed at all. I still see Angel, Mostly at Rock of Ages.What ever happened to Shane? And a guy called Darren Manning? (I think). He used to stand with 'em too, in his fright wig...
Northern Earth Walks

LeeRatbag

Post by LeeRatbag »

Chrism wrote: LeeRatbag wrote: dERvXeroX wrote: David Raven wrote: dERvXeroX wrote: Does anyone remember "Shane"? With the big fright wig? Yeah. He used to stand there, doing his makup and admiring himself in the many mirrors.I know you.Ill sort out a proper profile picture when I can be arsed. I remember Shane, he used to hang out at Rickys too. I was in a couple of bands with his mate Justin. Shane Templeman-King? I got locked up with him one night. They used to have a camera in the ladies loos in the Phono and all the Goth birds were complaining but the Twins wouldn't remove it, (Something to do with handbags being nicked), so Shane and I removed it. Totally forgetting it was connected to a recorder behind the bar! DOH!!! I also know Justin aswell (Jutters?) Yeah, Jutters. I played in Sticky Fingers and Assassination Bureau with him.I heard the tale about the camera years ago, fair play to you bud. It needed doing.

LeeRatbag

Post by LeeRatbag »

dERvXeroX wrote: I vaguely remember before the early 90's refit, there was a kind of barrier in front of and away from the bar and most weeks there would be, leaning on it, Shane, Justin, Moss, Angel, Ill have to have a think, who else. I saw Justin a few years ago and he hasn't changed at all. I still see Angel, Mostly at Rock of Ages. I saw Angel on Wednesday at the Roscoe. He's looking well, but that stroke knocked the hell out of him. Still tattooing, mind, and still bloody good at it.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

LeeRatbag wrote: Chrism wrote: LeeRatbag wrote: dERvXeroX wrote: David Raven wrote: dERvXeroX wrote: Does anyone remember "Shane"? With the big fright wig? Yeah. He used to stand there, doing his makup and admiring himself in the many mirrors.I know you.Ill sort out a proper profile picture when I can be arsed. I remember Shane, he used to hang out at Rickys too. I was in a couple of bands with his mate Justin. Shane Templeman-King? I got locked up with him one night. They used to have a camera in the ladies loos in the Phono and all the Goth birds were complaining but the Twins wouldn't remove it, (Something to do with handbags being nicked), so Shane and I removed it. Totally forgetting it was connected to a recorder behind the bar! DOH!!! I also know Justin aswell (Jutters?) Yeah, Jutters. I played in Sticky Fingers and Assassination Bureau with him.I heard the tale about the camera years ago, fair play to you bud. It needed doing. Here's a picture of Shane without his wig. It was at the other geezers wedding around '89/'90. The other geezer is called Adrian, I can't remember his surname.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

dERvXeroX

Post by dERvXeroX »

lolYeah, that's him."Sticky fingers", that rings a bell.

LeeRatbag

Post by LeeRatbag »

dERvXeroX wrote: lolYeah, that's him."Sticky fingers", that rings a bell. We were a right bunch of tarts. Kinda glam/punk New York Dolls/Hanoi Rocks sort of thing. Only going a couple of years ('91-93), but we played all over the Leeds/Bradford area and even got to London once. At the end we split in half - Simon (vocals) and Ben (guitar) went off to be The Fabians and me and Jutters (drums and bass) started Assassination Bureau. Our gig posters and t-shirts were drawn by Leigh Francis, who later went on to do Bo Selecta...No idea where Simon is now. Ben's playing in Loudmouth Soup. Jutters is married with a kid and not playing any more, and I'm in The Kingcrows.

dERvXeroX

Post by dERvXeroX »

This was about 1986-87. Guess which one I am.    

humanbean

Post by humanbean »

Crikey space cadet dave! Look at me with my healthy locks looking youthful and carefree!! I seem to have forgotten my cigarette Do you remember when we all went to see Rocky Horror at the Grand and you turned up in just your jacket and underpants? Oh I do miss the silly old days.