Anyone remember Tiffany's

Top tips for great nights out in Leeds
Nebula

Re: Anyone remember Tiffany's

Post by Nebula »

beefyburt wrote:
Fri 02 Sep, 2016 4:06 pm
It had the biggest dance floor. The had a large revolving stage, on one side was the DJ, the other a band, and it would swap over.
That's the first time I've read that anyone else remembers this, too! The resident band in the 1980s, when I went, was called Freeway. I remember the track volume going up as the stage revolved, with the band then playing over the same track, the recorded version fading, and the band taking over.

Nebula

Re: Anyone remember Tiffany's

Post by Nebula »

tyke bhoy wrote:
Wed 05 Aug, 2020 2:38 pm
stuartmoss wrote:
Wed 05 Aug, 2020 1:31 pm
Does anyone know what year Tiffany's closed?
Has it ever closed :?: It has just been rebranded several times.
It may not have opened as New Mecca but it was that into the early 70s before renaming Tiffany's. From memory it then became Ritzys, Oceana, Pryzm.

I found a reference to the Oceana->Pryzm switch in 2014 which mentioned the end of 9 years of Oceana so unless I missed one Ritzy's ->Oceana would have been 2005. That still leaves 33+ years where it was at least Tiffany's or Ritzy's
Just one missed - Confetti's, which came directly before Ritzy's. The multi coloured and complicated ceiling lights of Confetti's were swapped for simpler tubed lightings of blues, reds and greens of Ritzy's. But aside from that, they were quite similar. I've still got many drink plastic swizzle sticks from both with names on them, haha.