THINGS YOU DON'T SEE ANYMORE (Part 1)

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
Tasa

Post by Tasa »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: Did you check page 9 on this thread? It confirms my dateof enlistment. Hope I'm due some back-pay in arrears! lol! I saw that 'Arry, but your username then was arry awk, not 'Arry 'Awk, so it looks if you re-registered with a new username in 2008 for some reason.I'm sure the supplier of gold watches will take both of your identities into consideration when calculating your long service!

kango

Post by kango »

'Arry I think there's more than a few of us who, for what ever reason, re registered and are showing "newer" joining dates. I joined in April 2007 under a different name but a cockup at My end meant a re register and hence a different name and date.As long as You know when You joined that's all that matters.Kango.    

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Tasa wrote: 'Arry 'Awk wrote: Did you check page 9 on this thread? It confirms my dateof enlistment. Hope I'm due some back-pay in arrears! lol! I saw that 'Arry, but your username then was arry awk, not 'Arry 'Awk, so it looks if you re-registered with a new username in 2008 for some reason.I'm sure the supplier of gold watches will take both of your identities into consideration when calculating your long service! Thanks Tasa! Have to wear one on each wrist then? (Or mebbekeep one for Sundays! LOL)Thanks everyone for jogging the old brainbox! I do remember nowhaving to re- register with a slight variation of the nickname.(insertion of apostrophies) Talk about a split personality!

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Cardiarms wrote: Those glass tanks of orange juice at head height on cafe counters with the juice in perpetual motion.     Hi Cardi. In the days of cycling to all points of the compassaround Leeds circa 1945-47, we would stop at Lawnswooden-route for Otley/Ilkley etc, and slake our thirsts at the tramterminus, from an open ice-cream van that had one of thoseglass tanks full of orange juice which had plastic orange colouredballs circulating around inside! (I think it must've been run offthe van's battery cos the engine was always running to chargeit up). The "Orange Juice" was now't to shout about,being mainlyorange flavouring crystals, but it 'whetted our whistles' after the long slog up from Headingley on a hot day! Yes! We used to havelovely hot days then! The Juice cost a penny per small glass,whichthe man would swish round in a bowl of muddy looking waterwhen you'd finished and stand it upsidedown on the counter!H&S what?

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

wiggy wrote: majorhoundii wrote: 'Arry 'Awk wrote: grumpybloke wrote: Out of interest, just how old a fogey are you 'Arry? Hi. Thanks for the kind welcome everyone!GB- I don't mind admitting,'Im eighty three.Not getting any younger.Blakey lad. Thanks a lot. I'm finding it hard to be entertaining or informative these days! It's the weather tha knaws! Freezesthe brain cells a bit. Thank god for Bell's and Famous Grouse to helpthaw things out a bit!Tilly, thanks luv. Wonder what woke Wiggy up again? Thoughthe'd finally succumbed(eh?) to the Adnams Bitter!(That might roust him out again!).More later. Cheers,Arry Wow! I wondered what had happened to you! Pleased to hear from you!     Adnams indedd. You should know better 'arry. Hope everyone is okay. I been ill y'know ....peff peff...ahem ahem.     Fancy that Wiggy and Arry back.Good to see you both back, and Arry,please stop disappearing!!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

majorhoundii

Post by majorhoundii »

[quotenick="Tasa"] 'Arry 'Awk wrote: I'm sure the supplier of gold watches will take both of your identities into consideration when calculating your long service! They give you a watch when you retire - jsut when you don't need one anymore

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

[quotenick="majorhoundii"] Tasa wrote: 'Arry 'Awk wrote: I'm sure the supplier of gold watches will take both of your identities into consideration when calculating your long service! They give you a watch when you retire - jsut when you don't need one anymore Oh I dunno MH! Need one to check the old pulse is still in action!(Keep going you fool!)lol.By the way, Is that Houdini or Houndii?

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

kango wrote: 'Arry I think there's more than a few of us who, for what ever reason, re registered and are showing "newer" joining dates. I joined in April 2007 under a different name but a cockup at My end meant a re register and hence a different name and date.As long as You know when You joined that's all that matters.Kango.     You're right Kango. thanks for the backup.By the way Did you use a Kango Hammer at any time?

kango

Post by kango »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: kango wrote: 'Arry I think there's more than a few of us who, for what ever reason, re registered and are showing "newer" joining dates. I joined in April 2007 under a different name but a cockup at My end meant a re register and hence a different name and date.As long as You know when You joined that's all that matters.Kango.     You're right Kango. thanks for the backup.By the way Did you use a Kango Hammer at any time? Hi 'Arry.I worked at various places that sold them then ended up as a self employed Kango hammer service engineer which I packed in just before Milwaukee/Atlas Copco acquired Them.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi Kango.Kango hammers what are they private joke LOL    
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.