Cluderay family of Leeds

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
DynamiteDaz

Re: Cluderay family of Leeds

Post by DynamiteDaz »

Daniel100 wrote:
Mon 30 Jan, 2023 1:38 am
I see, that's interesting. Do you know Mrs Cluderays first name? She is likely a relative of some sort. Coming from my own dad, and from my experience, Cluderay is a rather rare name, meaning most, if not all of us are related.
Fun fact, I am one of about 5 Cluderays in Scotland!
Hi mate,

She was called Rose/Rosemary. Lovely woman. Unfortunately I do not know her husbands (Cluderay) name off by heart

Daniel100

Post by Daniel100 »

Haven't heard of a Brian Cluderay, but it's likely he is related somehow, I will have a look. Thank you for your input however, it's much appreciated.

And, thank you for the info on Rosemary Cluderay. I will also try and find her too.

All of this help is very much appreciated, thank you all!

Edit: Brian Cluderay (middle name Stephen) married a Rosemary Parker, in 1989 in Leeds. As of right now I haven't found my relationship to him (if any). Brian died in 2011 in Leeds I believe aged 73. I am unsure wether Rosemary has died or is still living.

DynamiteDaz

Post by DynamiteDaz »

Daniel100 wrote:
Wed 08 Feb, 2023 5:36 pm
Haven't heard of a Brian Cluderay, but it's likely he is related somehow, I will have a look. Thank you for your input however, it's much appreciated.

And, thank you for the info on Rosemary Cluderay. I will also try and find her too.

All of this help is very much appreciated, thank you all!

Edit: Brian Cluderay (middle name Stephen) married a Rosemary Parker, in 1989 in Leeds. As of right now I haven't found my relationship to him (if any). Brian died in 2011 in Leeds I believe aged 73. I am unsure wether Rosemary has died or is still living.
Hi mate,
I can confirm Rosemary has passed away; she died 3 years ago this coming Thursday.

Rosemary was my dads first wife, which is where she had the Parker surname from.

Daniel100

Post by Daniel100 »

Apologies for late response, thank you for that info!

SuzyQ70

Post by SuzyQ70 »

Hi, i married Derek Cluderay in 2010. His dad was Brian Cluderay and his step mum was Rosemary Cluderay who lived in Chesterfield. We are Scottish and live in Scotland. Big shout out to the other Cluderays out there, especially in Scotland! Ps. We were under the impression that Brian died in 1997 which has confused us no end?!

SuzyQ70

Post by SuzyQ70 »

Does anyone have any confirmation of Brian Cluderay's death? It happened in 2011 i believe? I think this may well be my husband's dad. Thanks.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

SuzyQ70 wrote:
Sun 16 Apr, 2023 3:32 pm
Does anyone have any confirmation of Brian Cluderay's death? It happened in 2011 i believe? I think this may well be my husband's dad. Thanks.
Screenshot (8).png
Screenshot (8).png (10.9 KiB) Viewed 4461 times

Cluds136

Post by Cluds136 »

Hello Daniel,

Sorry I am a bit late in joining your discussion, which I found while looking for something else entirely. it then took me several days to register on the site, because my email was considered suspect by whatever machine is in charge. Emails to the "contact us" bit failed to get any replies, and I finally had the brainwave of trying via my PC rather than tablet/phone. So here I am.
I am Peter Cluderay, mentioned in a couple of these posts, son of Desmond and Peggy. Born and bred in Leeds (Wortley, Beeston and Whitkirk), now living in Hertfordshire with my wife Anne and our two daughters, Sara and Jane and four grandchidren. I am a cricketer, footballer, mad LUFC fan and retired History teacher.

But the best news is that my mother Peggy started investigating the Clud family history, and when she became partially sighted in old age she passed her researches on to me and I carried them on and expanded them. I am a historian anyway, so it was relatively easier for me to amass a great deal of information, much of it from old newspapers and other evidence. In fact, rather than doing a family tree, I have tried to put together a picture of how they lived and worked, what happened to them, what were they good/bad at, etc. I have not finished this yet, but my document currently stands at over 50 typewritten pages, and includes numerous references to your side of the family. I even have photographs, but I don't seem to be able to paste them in here.

I am quite happy to send you (and any other Clud who might be reading this) a complete copy of my researches so far. It would have to be attached to an email because of its size. Let me have your email address, I don't know if we can do private messages on here

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Hi Peter. Yes there is a PM service on the site but you have to have a few posts "under your belt" to use it. I don't know the exact number but Daniel will be close to it on 6.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Daniel100

Post by Daniel100 »

Hi! Been a little while since I logged on here!

Peter, glad to meet you, another Cluderay on here! I believe your mother, Peggy had correspondence with my Grandpa Cluderay's great-aunt Dorothy. I have some of the letters, dated from the mid 90s I believe. I am not sure if you know who Dorothy is, but she was a Cluderay by marriage and passed on in 1998.

I would be very happy to see your research, and photographs! I will try and figure out how to private message you with my email address.

Suzy, glad to meet you too! I think I remember seeing your husband pop up in Scotlandspeople results for the surname Cluderay, assuming that he was born there. It's good to see I am not the only one in Scotland!!