YEB workers 1960's

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
ChewyDog

YEB workers 1960's

Post by ChewyDog »

Can anyone help locate workers at the YEB during the 1960's please? We are trying to organise a re-unions later this year (2020).

In addition, does anyone remember a band called The Make? Do you know what happened to the members?

Bruno

Re: YEB workers 1960's

Post by Bruno »

Hello ChewyDog,
Welcome to Secret Leeds.

Are you looking in particular for YEB ‘field workers’, or office staff, or both? My dad worked at Limewood Approach and Scarcroft offices for the YEB from the early 60s to the 80s, but he passed away a year ago aged in his nineties. My mum’s cousin also worked there, she’s still alive and if you put your reunion details on here I can make her aware.
The older I get, the better I was.

ChewyDog

Post by ChewyDog »

Hello Bruno,
Thanks for your contact and details.
The reunion date has not yet been set as we are still in the stages of finding addresses and gathering an 'active' list of people. So far we have 68 on the list (not all yet confirmed).
We are looking for all workers in the 1960's. Perhaps you could inform your mum's cousin.
Thank you

jma

Post by jma »

A couple of years ago, I was at the Chequers pub in Ledsham when there was quite a large group of older men in the bar prior to a meal in the upstairs dining room. (I'm in my 70's and they were my age or older.) I asked one of them about the occasion and it was a reunion of YEB managers. I don't think it was a one-off. Somebodythere may know if they still go

http://thechequersinn.com/

ChewyDog

Post by ChewyDog »

Hello jma, Thanks for the information.
Although names on our list are workers from the Leeds, Gelderd Road, Aire Street, York and Park Place areas, I would like to contact other area workers.
I shall try via the Chequers Inn link you gave.
Thanks

Snoddy

Post by Snoddy »

Hi chewy dog.
My name is Steve Hodgson and I joined the YEB in September 1966 first based in Aire Street then Geldard Road.I later moved to Wetherby where I left in 1983 and moved to Devon! where I still live.

ChewyDog

Post by ChewyDog »

Hello Steve (Snoddy),
Thanks for your reply. It's really nice to hear from you.
If you would like to join our group of 1960's YEB workers, could you email:
[email protected]
where I can give you further info. and updates.
Regards,