Jarrett in Cross Green Lane

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
Lorri61

Jarrett in Cross Green Lane

Post by Lorri61 »

Hi I am trying to find a family from the 1930's the surname is Jarrett and the fathers name was John or Joseph. He had a daughter called Margaret born about 1930. Had some sort of builders yard or something like in Cross Green Lane near East End Park I think. Any info would be great.
Cheers
Lorri
Just edited to add daughters name. :D
Last edited by Lorri61 on Mon 28 Sep, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chemimike

Re: Jarrett in Cross Green Lane

Post by chemimike »

The Ancestry telephone directories seem to give only one Leeds Jarrett in 1930-33,. That is a G Jarrett at 8 Ascot Terrace, which is not too far from East end Park.

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

There's an entry in the London Gazette for a Tom Jarrett who lived at 6 East Park Mount, East Park Road who filed for bankruptcy on the 30th November 1934: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/iss ... /page/7821. He was an insurance broker and he lived just round the corner from Ascot Terrace. There's also a thread on here that mentions John, George and Ron Jarrett: http://secretleeds.com/viewtopic.php?t=4188. It looks like they were mostly scrap dealers.

Lorri61

Post by Lorri61 »

Hi I had a look at that thread and would like to get in touch with the people that said they were family of the Jarretts, is there a way to contact them on here, I tried clicking on the contact them button but it didn't do any thing?
cheers
Lorri

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Lorri61 wrote:Hi I had a look at that thread and would like to get in touch with the people that said they were family of the Jarretts, is there a way to contact them on here, I tried clicking on the contact them button but it didn't do any thing?
cheers
Lorri
I suppose it may depend on the web browser you are using. If you clicked on contact on a user profile then there should have been a "dropdown" option of sending a PM. The PM gets delivered to their inbox for this site which isn't all that obvious even if they still use the site (have to click on the dropdown next to your username on the top menu). Only if they have the option to notify of new PMs set will they get email notification of a PM and then only if they are still using the email address they registered with
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

Easiest way might just be to comment on that thread, or just wait and see if they reply to this one. That thread was posted in 2012 and I know a couple of people on it don't follow this site any more.