UD

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
buffaloskinner

Re: UD

Post by buffaloskinner »

:arrow:
Hi Catty Carol, there were a few public houses in the area and I believe the British Queen was the closest on Grape Street.

You may find the Hunslet Remembered site of interest to you http://www.hunslet.org/index.html
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Sorry Tilly we both posted at the same time, I should have known that you would have the info

TABBYCAT

Post by TABBYCAT »

buffaloskinner wrote::arrow:
Hi Catty Carol, there were a few public houses in the area and I believe the British Queen was the closest on Grape Street.

You may find the Hunslet Remembered site of interest to you http://www.hunslet.org/index.html
Wasn't there a pub, long gone, on Leathley Rd called the Pineapple?

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi TABBYCAT The Pineapple was on Pottery Fields if you know where the gas holder is it was a bit further to the right of that just before you drop down the hill that leads to Crown Point Shopping Center. :)
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi buffaloskinner its a change for me to know some of the answers on here, you know a lot more than me when it comes to Leeds keep up the good work.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

cattycarol

Post by cattycarol »

i am going to library to see if i can find when she lived there as i dont know proper dates.
her name was edith ely and she lived with a man called jack smith
also i remember a lady called mrs. prentiss who i remember sitting on her top step all the time in the summer
c.ely

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

tilly wrote:Hi buffaloskinner its a change for me to know some of the answers on here, you know a lot more than me when it comes to Leeds keep up the good work.
Tilly I should have let you answer it anyway with it being your neck of the woods, I just looked on the 1898 map and that's the only one I could see in the area. :oops: