Birds Family History

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

What was the mysterious 'a certain disease'?    

The Birds

Post by The Birds »

He states "... which youth of both sexes and of every class so frequently entail upon themselves by impudently indulging in forbidden pleasures"    - could not have put it better myself Geordie-exile.
:):(

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Hi Birds - apologies for not getting back to you, work's been mad. IIRC you go in the get and turn left at the skip and the headstone is about 15 yards in on the left. Behind the trees in the link. I've had a look at my original photos and can't see any reference to Hannah on the headstone but that's not definite. http://goo.gl/maps/4BN0W

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

The Birds wrote: He states "... which youth of both sexes and of every class so frequently entail upon themselves by impudently indulging in forbidden pleasures"    - could not have put it better myself Geordie-exile. Ooh err missus.

The Birds

Post by The Birds »

Cardiarms thank you for details. We went a few months ago, gates are padlocked, all cordoned off and no admittance. Project manager says cannot have access until late summer/autumn but now we know whereabouts we'll go in working hours and maybe some kind hard hat will let us in. So a big THANK YOU. Also on your photo under Gloria Patri I can make out "Also Hannah wife of the above John Bird who ...cnosni and uncle mick and anyone else interested, here is how to find where John says he was in army and navy - use library card number for newspapers then under search just type in 7 harper street and then look under date 10/3/1838 issue 17.Also in Leeds Mercury 27/3/1819 and Provincial Intelligence 11/4/1819 tells of his flogging as a quack.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Northern Star & General Advertiser 10th March1838.NB. I am struggling to find reports of his flogging

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Found it

The Birds

Post by The Birds »

Hi try the leeds mercury 27/3/1819 issue 2807 under news then see under the date. I have just found it again but don't know how to download onto SL.