Daley Family

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
red12

Post by red12 »

Hi,I am trying to fimd out about my Grandmother's family (which i know very little). I know that she was named Margaret & died at 29 years old & was of Irish Catholic descent. Her father (John Daley) was decd at the time of her marriage to John Lister at St Patricks Church in 1921. I know they lived at 3 Listers Yard after their marriage & below is the only other info i know. Margaret was born in Ireland in 1902 to a John & Mary Daley(Guess)·         John Daley, a commercial traveller (travelling salesman) probably died between 1911 and 1920·         Margaret’s mother (possibly called Mary) and her two, possibly 3 sisters then travelled to Leeds (between 1911 & 1920) to be with relatives. Of course these could have been relatives on “Mary’s” side and not Daleys .Also there could have been more siblings.·         In 1921 Margaret was working in a sweet factory and living in St Mary’s street Leeds. Her relatives were likely to be living in Orange Row.·         Margaret’s mother (and other relatives) moved to the new council housing that was built on York Road near St. Patrick’s RC Church – probably in the 1930’s.(Quarry Hill housing estate was built in 1938 as was the Star Theatre.) Any body out there who remembers this family & knows any information would be a great help(no matter how small)Thanks Gill