Surname LUNN

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
Lyndoch

Post by Lyndoch »

Does anyone have information on the surname LUNN I think the family originated in Rothwell.My grandparents (Of this name ) lived n Hunslet Kearsley'sAny info gratefully received Thanks Lyndoch

FLOJO

Post by FLOJO »

Lyndoch wrote: Does anyone have information on the surname LUNN I think the family originated in Rothwell.My grandparents (Of this name ) lived n Hunslet Kearsley'sAny info gratefully received Thanks Lyndoch I worked in the 60's at Waddingtons and there was a person there Called Linda Lunn she will be about 60 now and she came from Rothwell.
Ex Leeds Lass

FLOJO

Post by FLOJO »

FLOJO wrote: Lyndoch wrote: Does anyone have information on the surname LUNN I think the family originated in Rothwell.My grandparents (Of this name ) lived n Hunslet Kearsley'sAny info gratefully received Thanks Lyndoch I worked in the 60's at Waddingtons and there was a person there Called Linda Lunn she will be about 60 now and she came from Rothwell. Sorry Lyndoch just remembered they lived in manor farms Rothwell.(I think that is the right name)
Ex Leeds Lass

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

What info are you looking for? Lunn is a very common name around Rothwell. There was a coach firm called Lunn in Rothwell in the 1950/60s

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Not forgetting Jack Lunn Demolition at Stanningley. I guess the firm would describe itself as property development now. I recall there were quite a few Lunns and Lunds in Farsley.
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.