Leeds Tithe Map project

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Si wrote: liits wrote: Si wrote: It certainly is. If time-travel was possible, and you went back to somewhere you know on these maps, I reckon you'd be hard-pushed to recognise where you were! There are so few landmarks on them which have survived. That’s true! The last time I was in Leeds I was trying to drive around using the parish church as a landmark. They’d left the church where it was but moved all the roads [and I'd only been away twenty years]! ...not to mention Briggate's mysterious moving pubs. Everytime I go in The Ship, The Angel, Whitelock's, etc, they're in a different order... Thats scary Si,its the same with me.Is this one of Jonesys phenomena!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Peter Lythe

Post by Peter Lythe »

Thank you for all your messages about the recently launched Leeds Tithe Map Digital Resource. I hope that it will prove useful with your various research enquiries.I notice that one or two people experienced a few issues getting the system to work properly when they first went to the site. This is becasue the resource that is online at present is a prototype and there are one or two issues still to be resolved before it is fully functioning, including, as some of the more eagle-eyed users will have no doubt noticed, the correct naming of a couple of the datasets (the two historic OS datasets currently in the system date from around 1840-50 and 1910, not from the dates shown in the prototype).We hope that the final version of the resource will be available in the next week or so, so please keep checking!Kind regards,Peter Lythe,Project Manager,Tracks in Time: The Leeds Tithe Map Project.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Peter Lythe wrote: Thank you for all your messages about the recently launched Leeds Tithe Map Digital Resource. I hope that it will prove useful with your various research enquiries.I notice that one or two people experienced a few issues getting the system to work properly when they first went to the site. This is becasue the resource that is online at present is a prototype and there are one or two issues still to be resolved before it is fully functioning, including, as some of the more eagle-eyed users will have no doubt noticed, the correct naming of a couple of the datasets (the two historic OS datasets currently in the system date from around 1840-50 and 1910, not from the dates shown in the prototype).We hope that the final version of the resource will be available in the next week or so, so please keep checking!Kind regards,Peter Lythe,Project Manager,Tracks in Time: The Leeds Tithe Map Project. Thanks for that PeterWe would all appreciate some updates on the project,and also if there is any other projects in the pipeline.    
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Si

Post by Si »

Peter Lythe wrote: Thank you for all your messages about the recently launched Leeds Tithe Map Digital Resource. I hope that it will prove useful with your various research enquiries.I notice that one or two people experienced a few issues getting the system to work properly when they first went to the site. This is becasue the resource that is online at present is a prototype and there are one or two issues still to be resolved before it is fully functioning, including, as some of the more eagle-eyed users will have no doubt noticed, the correct naming of a couple of the datasets (the two historic OS datasets currently in the system date from around 1840-50 and 1910, not from the dates shown in the prototype).We hope that the final version of the resource will be available in the next week or so, so please keep checking!Kind regards,Peter Lythe,Project Manager,Tracks in Time: The Leeds Tithe Map Project. Thanks, Peter. Your site is a fantastic resource, and I for one, will be using it very often. Thanks again!

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

This is not working now, after you click on the digital resource button tou get a "runtime error" http://tithemaps.leeds.gov.uk/    EDIT: It's working now

jim

Post by jim »

Edited out.    

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

uncle mick wrote: This is not working now, after you click on the digital resource button tou get a "runtime error" http://tithemaps.leeds.gov.uk/    EDIT: It's working now Not any more,obviously the same server box that SL was in ;0

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Strange. It was working during the night, now this message on the home page.We are currently experiencing problems accessing the web servers hosting the Tithe Map Digital Resource. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

jihfadiuh

Re: Leeds Tithe Map project

Post by jihfadiuh »

whats going on with the tithe maps site, seems to have ended and no longer exists

jihfadiuh

Re: Leeds Tithe Map project

Post by jihfadiuh »

whats going on with the tithe maps site, seems to have ended and no longer exists