Leeds Tithe Map project

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
Si

Post by Si »

Has the tithe map site crashed? I can't get on it today. Anyone else having difficulties?

Croggy2

Post by Croggy2 »

It's working for me now, but it wasn't yesterday

Si

Post by Si »

Lilysmum wrote: And Guiseley looks like it's been through the wash It was found in the back pocket of someone's breeches...PS It's working again. Now I've found the twin maps/aerial view feature, I'll be on this site for months!!!    

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Si wrote: Has the tithe map site crashed? I can't get on it today. Anyone else having difficulties? 2043 Secret Leeds members create denial of service with synchronised log-on

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

chameleon wrote: Si wrote: Has the tithe map site crashed? I can't get on it today. Anyone else having difficulties? 2043 Secret Leeds members create denial of service with synchronised log-on Probably
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Si

Post by Si »

This evening, the site is showing the old SL favourite "Server error" screen...

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Si wrote: This evening, the site is showing the old SL favourite "Server error" screen... (shhhhhh! notice SL has stayed on its feet since the hosting move to, erm, that Manchester place....)Yes that's what I got the other night - had a little laugh, but when it's good, it's very, very good

Si

Post by Si »

It certainly is. If time-travel was possible, and you went back to somewhere you know on these maps, I reckon you'd be hard-pushed to recognise where you were! There are so few landmarks on them which have survived.

liits

Post by liits »

Si wrote: It certainly is. If time-travel was possible, and you went back to somewhere you know on these maps, I reckon you'd be hard-pushed to recognise where you were! There are so few landmarks on them which have survived. That’s true! The last time I was in Leeds I was trying to drive around using the parish church as a landmark. They’d left the church where it was but moved all the roads [and I'd only been away twenty years]!

Si

Post by Si »

liits wrote: Si wrote: It certainly is. If time-travel was possible, and you went back to somewhere you know on these maps, I reckon you'd be hard-pushed to recognise where you were! There are so few landmarks on them which have survived. That’s true! The last time I was in Leeds I was trying to drive around using the parish church as a landmark. They’d left the church where it was but moved all the roads [and I'd only been away twenty years]! ...not to mention Briggate's mysterious moving pubs. Everytime I go in The Ship, The Angel, Whitelock's, etc, they're in a different order...