Alexandra club murder, armley

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
weenie

Post by weenie »

hi a long shot i think, but i am looking for some help regarding a possible murder at the Alexandra club, on tong road Armley. my dad keeps speaking of this murder to us. apparently it was the ladlord called Bill, that had murdered his wife. and my dad seems to think he was there. ive tried to get more details from him but he is quite poorly and part of his condition is remembering things from years back. i have asked him roughly what time scale we are looking at and he said before he met my mum but after his first wife, which would make this late 1970's he is insistant on this, that this did take place. i was wondering if anyone remembers something like this. or can enlighten me abit further. he also mentioned that he doesnt remember the petrol station been there, he told me that was built about 1979 when i was born ad was called something beginning with "P" i have tried googling this but have got no joy, not even anything about the alexandra club apart from on here and the old Alexandra club on leodis. thankyou rowena

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

According to Leodis this club closed in the 1940s...?

weenie

Post by weenie »

the one on leodis - is the origianal alexandra club that was on strawberry lane, and amberly road im looking for info on the one that was behind the total garage tong road which changed name to The Grange and is now amber lodge nursing home

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Well, why didn't you say? Off to investigate...