1911 Census online

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

In a previous life on this forum I used to be known as Uncle Michael but I seem not to be able to log on, but that's not the reason for this post.    I know a few of you are interested in family history. If you didn't know the 1911 census is now available on line on "Find my Past" website. Sorry still don't know how to do links                 Michael

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

tyke bhoy wrote: www.1911census.co.uk Details at a price no doubt, which reminds me - anyone about to renew Ancestry subscriptions? Check the Ancestry.au site first. The same whole kit is available on an over-the-pond address quite a bit cheaper than renewing on the home site address.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

My missus has been geeking at it all day and not spent a penny.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Chrism wrote: My missus has been geeking at it all day and not spent a penny. I think that to get more than to search the index - they want's yer money - hide the credit cards

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

OOPs,spend spend spend already!!The surname search is pants,the wildcard option does not work and there is no soundex option.However the results show how many children a couple have had and how many of them have died,it also shows how long a couple have been married.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

cnosni wrote: OOPs,spend spend spend already!!The surname search is pants,the wildcard option does not work and there is no soundex option.However the results show how many children a couple have had and how many of them have died,it also shows how long a couple have been married. (Note my bit about Ancestry above cnosni - might be of use to you).

Ian R P

Post by Ian R P »

Chrism wrote: My missus has been geeking at it all day and not spent a penny. She must be busting by now Ha Ha, (sorry)Me, too does anybody know what a Dog & Outdoor isI think thats my great grandfathers occupation on the 1901 census?Cheers

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

chameleon wrote: cnosni wrote: OOPs,spend spend spend already!!The surname search is pants,the wildcard option does not work and there is no soundex option.However the results show how many children a couple have had and how many of them have died,it also shows how long a couple have been married. (Note my bit about Ancestry above cnosni - might be of use to you). cheers mate,but renewed in December,and ive noticed theres less on the basic sub now
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

Been off line for ages due to computer blow up and been itching to get at the 1911 cencus and have spent the day and an arm and leg uncovering more skeletons in the family closet! Does anyone know if it's just on the "Findmypast" site for now,cos it's blummin expensive,I'll be bankrupt at this rate,30 credits to view a copy which is about £3.50