Never beena KFC!!

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

BK moved from round the corner when they started work on the Trinity Arcade. I still vaguely remember when that was a Wimpy. The McDonalds further up Briggate used to be a Wendy burger place for a short while, and I always thought their burgers were better.(Incidentally, you can get a card that gives you 20% off railway station branches of BK and most other catering places run by SSP at http://www.bitecard.co.uk/)

patter

Post by patter »

Pity the KFC in the Merrion Centre wiped out a Greek restaurant, The Acropolis, probably a locally owned & independant diner which contributed more to Leeds than KFC will.I've also heard that Whistlestop newsagents in Leeds Station (next to McDonalds) will be replaced by anothe KFC. So many years without one & now Leeds city centre gets 2 of the damn things!

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

patter wrote: Pity the KFC in the Merrion Centre wiped out a Greek restaurant, The Acropolis, probably a locally owned & independant diner which contributed more to Leeds than KFC will. .With respect patter, just to clarify, although the Acropolis had a Greek name it was just an ordinary "British" place serving the usual sort of meals.I'm afraid that KFC are only an apology nowadays to the original Colonel Sanders "Finger lickin' good" days. In those far gone times the chicken and coating were always cooked properly and to perfection and were a real treat. Nowadays its hit and miss as to the size of the pieces and as to whether or not they're "wet and limp" or firm and tasty - I doubt if I'll ever go in a KFC again, although just to be fair the baked beans are as good as you'll get anywhere.    
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

The KFC in Headingly was there in the 1960's for sure. It's just rubbish really but the one in Harehills always is busy and must do well!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

LS1 wrote: The KFC in Headingly was there in the 1960's for sure. It's just rubbish really but the one in Harehills always is busy and must do well! Was certainly still there in late 80's LS1.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

chameleon wrote: LS1 wrote: The KFC in Headingly was there in the 1960's for sure. It's just rubbish really but the one in Harehills always is busy and must do well! Was certainly still there in late 80's LS1. The Headingley Arndale one is still there, and I'm sure there's one on the Ring Road at Crossgates opposite the Station pub, and yet another on Dewsbury Road on the Barkly Parade.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

LS1

Post by LS1 »

According to their website:We've found the following restaurants closest to youLEEDS HUNSLET3 Hunslet Green Retail Centre, Anchor St, The Oval, Hunslet, Leeds,LS10 2AGLEEDS - HAREHILLS246 Roundhay Road, Harehills, Leeds,,LS28 5RLLEEDS - HEADINGLEY2 Arndale Centre, Otley Road, Headingley,LS6 2UELEEDS - GOTTS PARK121 Stanningley Road, Gotts Park, Leeds,LS12 3NWLEEDS - DEWSBURY ROADDewsbury Road, Leeds,,LS11 7JDLEEDS MEANWOODNorthside Retail Park, Stonegate Road, Leeds, Yorkshire,LS7 2TTWHITEROSE CENTREKFC, (K2 Food Court), White Rose Shoppin,LS11 8LULEEDS - CROSSGATES32 Station Road, Crossgates, Leeds,,LS15 7JYCOLTON MILLColton Mill, Stile High Way Leeds,LS15 9JALEEDS HORSFORTHKFC, Broadway, Horsforth, Leeds,LS18 4DXJUNCTION 27Junction 27, Birstall, Leeds,WF17 9TBGREENGATES DT800 Harrogate Rd, Bradford,BD10 0QRDEWSBURYLong Causeway, Dewsbury, Yorkshire,WF12 8EFWESTGATE RETAIL PARKWestgate Retail Pk, Wakefield,WF2 9SDTYRELL STREET9 Tyrrel Street, Bradford,BD1 1RULEEDS - GUISLEYUnit 7, Guiseley Retail Park, Park Road,,LS20 8QHINGLEBY ROAD19 Ingleby Road, Gradford, W Yorkshire,BD8 9BHHARTSHEAD MOORHartshead Moor, Clifton, Brighouse,HD6 4JK