Who is the oldest regular secret leeds poster

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Looking at some of the topics and replies many of the regularsare older than me(approaching 63 from the wrong direction)Arry Awk,LS1 and Drapesy must be in the running,Phil-d etc are the new young blood.Is anyone brave enough to admit to being the oldest????????????come on don't be shy
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Wasn't sure at first if you meant age, or history of posts since founding of the site. Not that I qualify for either, being 64. and only calling here since last June.'arry 'awk, God love him, is old enough to remember either war service or not long after, whereas I grew up expecting to have to do National Service, but it was scrapped before I was eligible. Don't know if that was a good thing or not!
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

dogduke wrote: Looking at some of the topics and replies many of the regularsare older than me(approaching 63 from the wrong direction)Arry Awk,LS1 and Drapesy must be in the running,Phil-d etc are the new young blood.Is anyone brave enough to admit to being the oldest????????????come on don't be shy LS1 ha ha haha haha ,hes nowt but a nipper!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

LS1

Post by LS1 »

cnosni wrote: dogduke wrote: Looking at some of the topics and replies many of the regularsare older than me(approaching 63 from the wrong direction)Arry Awk,LS1 and Drapesy must be in the running,Phil-d etc are the new young blood.Is anyone brave enough to admit to being the oldest????????????come on don't be shy LS1 ha ha haha haha ,hes nowt but a nipper!! Cheers mate - I'm only 26!!!!

LS1

Post by LS1 »

I'm still undecided whether to take that as a compliment or insult!! Compliment defiantely. - I have respect for those older and wiser than me

jeffn

Post by jeffn »

52 here, but as I left Leeds at age 18 for Australia, I find the site amazing, the things you took for granted as a kid eh ?

Si

Post by Si »

I don't think Drapesy's that old, and "young" Phill is about 40!I'm a year off 50.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Blakey has been retired a while now from what he says and he worked to 65 also by his own admission (check out Buses threads).Bramley4Woods, who hasn't posted much recently is also one of our older posters.Some of the Ladies too although it would perhaps be indelicate to estimate their ages.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Si wrote: I don't think Drapesy's that old, and "young" Phill is about 40!I'm a year off 50. Drapesys young at heart,he wishes he was 18 again!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

LS1 wrote: I'm still undecided whether to take that as a compliment or insult!! Compliment defiantely. - I have respect for those older and wiser than me An envious aside i think,now nip down the shop for a stone o' spuds mi lad,and heres a shiny sixpence for yer trouble.