Who is the oldest regular secret leeds poster

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Brandy wrote: CONGRATULATIONS ARRY Thanx Brandy lad! Bet somebody goes one better now!(I hope!)

Briggy

Post by Briggy »

Congratulations 'arry on being the father of the house!Re Afghans - your dog had the right idea. Nothing, but nothing stank as bad as they did when they got wet, so naturally, dogs would love 'em.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: chameleon wrote: BLAKEY wrote: Oh dear oh dear oh dear - I feel a silver cup coming on at this rate - I'm 72. and very glad and grateful to have got to it, as many younger pals that I know have not !!     Unless I'm wrong Blakey, I think arry has you by a few years - if I remember what he's put on here 78 seems about right - is that close arry? Remember the poem 'Old father William?'I am the subject matter for those ramblings!(I DO ramble as well!) Have just got shut down on me laptop!Back on with a messge' Battery state critical'!Just had to plug in to the mains again Looks back tonormal. Whew! never had this trub with me oldcarbide acetyline lamp! lolAnyway Im claiming 't'oldest poster so far' accolade!(Somebody ALWAYS remembers! GRRRR!)79 in January Nuff Sed? CU on Parade Sunday!!!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

BLAKEY wrote: chameleon wrote: BLAKEY - little bit of topic but, did you know John B, Inspector at Central Bus Station - may have been outside your time, not sure.     If his surname ended in "c" then yes, but if not please give me another clue LOL LOL Ha, haa - think we have the right chap, Snr Inspector till about 86 ish?

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

chameleon wrote: BLAKEY wrote: chameleon wrote: BLAKEY - little bit of topic but, did you know John B, Inspector at Central Bus Station - may have been outside your time, not sure.     If his surname ended in "c" then yes, but if not please give me another clue LOL LOL Ha, haa - think we have the right chap, Snr Inspector till about 86 ish? Ha haa - good - once did a deal with his son who was a salesman at the Ford dealership (Tates ??) at Balm Road.Does that clinch it ?? LOL LOL
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

amber

Post by amber »

BLAKEY wrote: chameleon wrote: BLAKEY wrote: chameleon wrote: BLAKEY - little bit of topic but, did you know John B, Inspector at Central Bus Station - may have been outside your time, not sure.     If his surname ended in "c" then yes, but if not please give me another clue LOL LOL Ha, haa - think we have the right chap, Snr Inspector till about 86 ish? Ha haa - good - once did a deal with his son who was a salesman at the Ford dealership (Tates ??) at Balm Road.Does that clinch it ?? LOL LOL Blakey your memory is better than mine I need another clue to S/i J B****C

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

BLAKEY wrote: chameleon wrote: BLAKEY wrote: chameleon wrote: BLAKEY - little bit of topic but, did you know John B, Inspector at Central Bus Station - may have been outside your time, not sure.     If his surname ended in "c" then yes, but if not please give me another clue LOL LOL Ha, haa - think we have the right chap, Snr Inspector till about 86 ish? Ha haa - good - once did a deal with his son who was a salesman at the Ford dealership (Tates ??) at Balm Road.Does that clinch it ?? LOL LOL Think we've got there - worked with him on his first post-retirement job. Did you know he passed away a few years ago now?amber - rather tall chap, straight faced but quite a comic underneath.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

[quotenick="chameleon"][quotenick="BLAKEY"][quotenick="chameleon"] BLAKEY wrote: chameleon wrote: BLAKEY - little bit of topic but, did you know John B, Inspector at Central Bus Station - may have been outside your time, not sure.     Think we've got there - worked with him on his first post-retirement job. Did you know he passed away a few years ago now?amber - rather tall chap, straight faced but quite a comic underneath. No I didn't hear that he'd passed away but then, after I went to work at Pontefract after de-regulation, I did lose touch with many Leeds xolleagues.AMBER - since the poor fellow has left us I don't suppose there's any harm in giving his full name now - I'm sure you remember John Balbac ??
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

amber

Post by amber »

[quotenick="BLAKEY"][quotenick="chameleon"][quotenick="BLAKEY"] chameleon wrote: BLAKEY wrote: chameleon wrote: BLAKEY - little bit of topic but, did you know John B, Inspector at Central Bus Station - may have been outside your time, not sure.     Think we've got there - worked with him on his first post-retirement job. Did you know he passed away a few years ago now?amber - rather tall chap, straight faced but quite a comic underneath. No I didn't hear that he'd passed away but then, after I went to work at Pontefract after de-regulation, I did lose touch with many Leeds xolleagues.AMBER - since the poor fellow has left us I don't suppose there's any harm in giving his full name now - I'm sure you remember John Balbac ?? BLAKEY & CHAMELEON> Should have remembered he was made Insp at the same time as me. What put me off,I didn't think he was S/I and my spelling is as bad as my memory because I thought his surname ended in K Still happy days in 60s and 70s went to pot later but I still enjoyed my life "On the Buses"

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

[quotenick="amber"][quotenick="BLAKEY"][quotenick="chameleon"] BLAKEY wrote: chameleon wrote: BLAKEY wrote: chameleon wrote: BLAKEY - little bit of topic but, did you know John B, Inspector at Central Bus Station - may have been outside your time, not sure.     Think we've got there - worked with him on his first post-retirement job. Did you know he passed away a few years ago now?amber - rather tall chap, straight faced but quite a comic underneath. No I didn't hear that he'd passed away but then, after I went to work at Pontefract after de-regulation, I did lose touch with many Leeds xolleagues.AMBER - since the poor fellow has left us I don't suppose there's any harm in giving his full name now - I'm sure you remember John Balbac ?? BLAKEY & CHAMELEON> Should have remembered he was made Insp at the same time as me. What put me off,I didn't think he was S/I and my spelling is as bad as my memory because I thought his surname ended in K Still happy days in 60s and 70s went to pot later but I still enjoyed my life "On the Buses" Yes, I found him a great chap during the time I new him, always kind and willing to help and a much missed support member to the older folk in the area as I recall. Quite a dry, but wicked sense of humour once you got to know him.