Who is the oldest regular secret leeds poster

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
warringtonrhino

Re: Who is the oldest regular secret leeds poster

Post by warringtonrhino »

I will be 74 next month, does that make me the youngest poster?
I spend a lot of time in hospital and not everyone appreciates my humour so I don't post as often as I would like to.

TABBYCAT

Post by TABBYCAT »

Sorry to hear about your hospital stays WR and as for the humour it's certainly appreciated in this quarter. :D

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

I did this cartoon for Private Eye when getting old was a news topic :D
Attachments
Eastbourne.JPG
Eastbourne.JPG (379.94 KiB) Viewed 20863 times

jma

Post by jma »

warringtonrhino wrote:
Wed 22 Feb, 2023 10:11 am
I did this cartoon for Private Eye when getting old was a news topic :D
It's probably a sign that I'm getting past it that I increasingly don't "get" Private Eye cartoons. There was one in the last edition before the current one where a doctor was telling a patient who had coloured letters down his front that she would have to take him off iron tablets.

I do enjoy your cartoons: the weapons inspectors one was particularly memorable.

I hope your health improves

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I greatly enjoy your cartoons warringtonrhino and hope to see more :). Echoing jma I hope your health improves.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

chemimike

Post by chemimike »

I would agree with all that, especially the wish for your health to improve. Afraid I am also a bit of an old fossil

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

warringtonrhino wrote:
Mon 20 Feb, 2023 12:07 pm
I will be 74 next month, does that make me the youngest poster?
I spend a lot of time in hospital and not everyone appreciates my humour so I don't post as often as I would like to.
15 years younger and I'm far from the youngest ;-) even of the fairly regular posters. Echoing others I hope your health improves. I also enjoy the cartoons just be mindful that the site is open to view by all and we are trying to attract younger "fresh blood" so the advice would probably be nothing that would offend a pre-teen grandaughter (if you had/have one) even if they didn't see the joke/find it funny.
iansmithofotley wrote:
Tue 14 Feb, 2023 4:36 pm
I often think about Jack Daly @ Volvo Jack @ JCD, he must be well into his eighties. I noticed that he hasn't posted anything for a long time and wondered how he was. Does anyone know if he is okay, or otherwise?
User JDbytheSea logged in to the site as recently as last Wednesday but it may have been a relative not Jack himself (from other than a mobile device you can check this by clicking on members (bottom right of the home page) and then clicking on last active to sort by that column. Uncle Mick must have done similar) . The account is, as mentioned by Tilly, banned permanently and the VolvoJack account is also banned because the site owner, DSCO, lost patience with regular breaches of the above guidance or equivalent despite many warnings.

You will see many films, particularly but not exclusively Comedies and Westerns, made in the 20th Century are now preceded by "attitudes reflect the time the film was made" prior to TV broadcast. This site should not need to carry such an advisory.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

snowman1

Post by snowman1 »

hi volvo jack
i miss your posts.
sm1
ex beeston lad.

tilly

Post by tilly »

snowman1 wrote:
Thu 23 Feb, 2023 5:56 pm
hi volvo jack
i miss your posts.
sm1
ex beeston lad.
Hi snowman please read the re volvo jack post posted by tyke bhoy.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.