Hudson Family

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
nanyak2001

Hudson Family

Post by nanyak2001 »

Hello,
If anybody is a Hudson, or related to a Hudson, please could you message me to see if we have any relation. I'm researching this branch of my family, but have been unable to find any relatives.
Thank you.

DynamiteDaz

Re: Hudson Family

Post by DynamiteDaz »

I'm not but I know of a particularly well to do Hudson family from the Roundhay area. I used to work for the patriarchs company. Does this area tally with where you think you are from?

nanyak2001

Post by nanyak2001 »

DynamiteDaz wrote:
Wed 09 Jun, 2021 1:41 pm
I'm not but I know of a particularly well to do Hudson family from the Roundhay area. I used to work for the patriarchs company. Does this area tally with where you think you are from?
As far as I know, we don't have any connections to Roundhay, although it is possible.

blackprince

Post by blackprince »

Hi,
I assume you know that Hudson is a well known name in Leeds. There is a Hudson Road in Harehills, presumably named after Robert Hudson the Leeds industrialist
http://www.leedsengine.info/leeds/histhud.asp
It used to be said that the statue of the Black Prince had been placed in City Square , near the station, pointing South to tell all the southerners who've just got off the train to b****r off back down south!