The Wreck of the 'Sandford'

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
jane666

Post by jane666 »

well looks like sandford is out of my league now, passed this morning and it's fenced off all the way round. this year so far i've been fined for speeding and fined for throwing my cig end out the car window, so if i went round sandford they'd probably bring the stocks back outside the kings arms and have me 'tomatoed' to death.
Get in the tardis. We're off to Manchester 1973

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Well, what's 'tomato' with that? (Gerrimoff!)Hi Jane, with your mounting conviction rate,perhaps you should change your 'handle. to'Jane 999'! Nah-nah!- etc! Try using your mobile while driving!Brings the plods out in droves!CUL!Arry Awk

jane666

Post by jane666 »

don't even bother with my mobile cos it's banned at work. and i'd never break that rule. my brother told me yesterday, he'd heard they were building a lidl supermarket on that site, not sure where he got info from tho.

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Hey!That would be great if Lidl came to this area.Aldi too,with luck!Not having a car,we find it a bind traipsing to these outlets on theother side of town!They get real PC bargain offers,at times Fingers crossed,eh?I asked my daughter about the Sandford A/Rshelter entrance(Said she used to play round there unbeknown to us! (1970's!)They used to climb up near the end of the white wall on the Broad Lane side and the entrance was just nearby. BUT I passed by thisAM and there is a huge pile of earth spoil and rubble now at that end so perhaps you'll have to wait to see if anything gets uncovered when (If) they level the ground at all! I wouldn't risk nosey-ing around there (even if you could get thruthe fence!) Looks a bit dangerous!Cheers!Arry Awk

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Come on Jane get your act together woman!! (I hope your been observant here miss)     
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

jane666

Post by jane666 »

hey, thought you were going to bed 'early' ? 4am, you dirty stop up.

simonm

Post by simonm »

I'm obviously missing summat ere!! I went past the Sanford and thought nowt wrong with it. It looked just normal to me, mind you, it is in Bramley!!!! hahahahahahahahah..
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

jane666 wrote: hey, thought you were going to bed 'early' ? 4am, you dirty stop up. Yeah i thought you'd check l.m.o.a     
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Hi Simon'm. Yer s'posed to put blinkers on t' mule not wear 'em yerself! That's why u missed the Sanny's deplorable state.At12 noon today, it were half flattened. Probably completely razed by now.They've tekken t'bottlebank away too,so I've got to go down to Morry's in Kir'st'l to dispose of me empties! S H A M E!Thought everybody had heard of 'Muffin t'muile'!Mule Train! Yee-Har! Arry

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Arry i think he were saying most of bramley looks like that at the best of times!!!!!!
Love a Landrover