the first weatherspoons pub in leeds

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
uncle mick

Re: the first weatherspoons pub in leeds

Post by uncle mick »

[quote="snowman1"]uncle mick
thanks for the photo of the ebor,was this the wetherspoons pub and where was it.
with thanks
sm1[/quoute

The Ebor was a Tetleys pub and it was on Rigton Drive LS9

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

Reading this The Moon Under Water was sold by Wetherspoons in 2003 https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-2212516\\
EDIT
Found this on another website about closed Wetherspoons pubs "The New Quarry" doesn't ring any bells ??
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (2).png (29.35 KiB) Viewed 13575 times

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

tyke bhoy wrote:Did it open before Stick and Twist? It certainly can't have been city centre.
Well my 2nd part was correct and with Ucle Mick's latest revelations my preceding question appears to be relevant too.

Now there may be some question to the accuracy of info Uncle Mick posted given "the New Quarry" isn't remembered between it being the Ebor and Moon under Water but both the image suggests that the Moon under Water opened as a Wetherspoons no earlier than 1998 and possibly 1999. I have an email archive in which I have found an email which suggested a meet up with work collaegues at the Stick or Twist in December 1997. Given it wasn't qualified with 'New' or its location I suspect we had all been there before.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

tyke bhoy wrote:
tyke bhoy wrote:Did it open before Stick and Twist? It certainly can't have been city centre.
Well my 2nd part was correct and with Ucle Mick's latest revelations my preceding question appears to be relevant too.

Now there may be some question to the accuracy of info Uncle Mick posted given "the New Quarry" isn't remembered between it being the Ebor and Moon under Water but both the image suggests that the Moon under Water opened as a Wetherspoons no earlier than 1998 and possibly 1999. I have an email archive in which I have found an email which suggested a meet up with work collaegues at the Stick or Twist in December 1997. Given it wasn't qualified with 'New' or its location I suspect we had all been there before.
\
\
From the same website
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (3).png (22.53 KiB) Viewed 13551 times

snowman1

Post by snowman1 »

hi all
to all who have helped me out with info on the weatherspoons pub the moon under water a big THANK YOU for taking the time to post
your thoughts etc.
regards to all
sm1

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

uncle mick wrote:
tyke bhoy wrote:

\
\
From the same website
Screenshot (3).png
Did a search for "new quarry Leeds" and a Google map came up pointing at - Rigton Drive"
Nothing else though
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Maynor

Post by Maynor »

I did a bit of light searching too this morning. Couldn't pinpoint any useful info, sadly.