The Brownlee Brothers get their own pub!!

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Caron wrote: Thank you all for your helpful replies and sorry to you Drapesy for asking my question on your post. I was wrong, it was the Pottery Inn a relative of mine worked at. The picture of Pottery Inn I have was found on Bing under Pottery Inn, Hunslet. I think it's a very old picture as the windows are plain square with no fancy arched brickwork above. There is also a huge gas lamp just above the entrance to the pub and two signs for John Smith's Lancaster or Tadcaster (?) Pine Ales either side of the entrance. Thank you very much again and thank you for the map Liits.     No need to apologise Caron - a very interesting post. John Smith's is from Tadcaster of course, and I think its "Fine Ales" rather than "Pine Ales"!
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

Caron

Post by Caron »

PINE Ales..... trust me!! Thank you ALL once again for your help

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

liits. I am confused re The Parkfield Hotel, on the 1891 map it is shown as Parkfield House (P.H), it is on the other side of the road to where you marked it. Was it moved i.e. rebuilt ??????????
Attachments
Parkfield House 1891 Large.png
Parkfield House 1891 Large.png (100.02 KiB) Viewed 1986 times

liits

Post by liits »

Sorry Uncle Mick, it was me being thick!You are, of course, right about the Parkfield, the premises that I've marked is actually the Jack Lane Inn, not the Parkfield.

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

liits wrote: Sorry Uncle Mick, it was me being thick!You are, of course, right about the Parkfield, the premises that I've marked is actually the Jack Lane Inn, not the Parkfield. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about this http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?reso ... SPLAY=FULL
Attachments
Jack Lane Inn.jpg
Jack Lane Inn.jpg (72.06 KiB) Viewed 1986 times