hi can anyone tell me the pub on Albion Street next to Computer Exchange please

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Tasa

Post by Tasa »

Ah well, I've never answered one of Pablo's questions before and on this occasion he agreed with my answer, so I'm happy By the way, the photographer would have been standing not too far from another basement bar on the corner of Albion Street and Boar Lane, which became an American-themed restaurant in the 1990s, but I can't remember its name!    Edit: I've Googled it and it was Old Orleans. Can't remember what the pub name was before that, though.    

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

OK, I concede! I got lucky with an easy question         

pablo leeds

Post by pablo leeds »

Phill_dvsn wrote: pablo leeds wrote: Oscars was the opposite side of albion street which became Mixing Tin was it not? No. Yes

notoriousgrd

Re:

Post by notoriousgrd »

pablo leeds wrote:
Sun 06 Jan, 2013 10:29 pm
Phill_dvsn wrote: pablo leeds wrote: Oscars was the opposite side of albion street which became Mixing Tin was it not? No. Yes
Oscars was on the JJB/Virgin side of Albion Street, down some steps. It opened in 1983 and was sold by Carlsberg/Tetley around 2000/2001. Became Mixing Tin, then Trash and is sadly now the basement to a Wagamamas. The Bond was on the opposite side of the street, much larger, with a round bar and also down some steps. That was sold at around the same time and immediately closed as the shopping centre was renovated.