A night at the pub

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Can anyone remember the mad mile? the waterloo, spring close, cavalier, yew tree, black dog and the fishermans hut.What ever happened to the affordable night out with decent beer and no drugged up idots and the weekly fight night.
rf1104651

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Fletch wrote: Can anyone remember the mad mile? the waterloo, spring close, cavalier, yew tree, black dog and the fishermans hut.What ever happened to the affordable night out with decent beer and no drugged up idots and the weekly fight night. I for one remember it well Fletch, and I've only just really got rid of the headache !!    
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

York Road Lad

Post by York Road Lad »

Fletch wrote: Can anyone remember the mad mile? the waterloo, spring close, cavalier, yew tree, black dog and the fishermans hut.What ever happened to the affordable night out with decent beer and no drugged up idots and the weekly fight night. Yep - certainly can! Though, the one my mates followed was a bit longer. We started at the Smith's Arms (or the Palace), then went to the Waterloo, Black Dog, Fish Hut, Spring Close and the Hampton before finishing off in either the Slip Inn or the Bridgefield. Real ale in all of those pubs as well (the Yew Tree was keg - so we missed it out). Those were the days!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

About six or seven of us used to do the East Street run on Sunday nights about once a month back in the mid-70s. Otley was another popular spot as was Stanningley and Horsforth as well. They were happy times with very little bother and some very fine beers. JD

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

jdbythesea wrote: About six or seven of us used to do the East Street run on Sunday nights about once a month back in the mid-70s. Otley was another popular spot as was Stanningley and Horsforth as well. They were happy times with very little bother and some very fine beers. JD Similar but early eighties and finish up at the Richmond for the dj on a Sunday night.Was always "tired" mondays.............!Another was Broadway(dewsbury rd),Blooming,Juncy then into town on a thursday night.Fri/Sat was always a "town" night.....usually end up at Martine's or Madison's.
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !