Leeds lost pubs

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

The Rising Sun was still in business as a second hand furniture shop yesterday teatime (Tuesday) but the opening times do seem to be rather spasmodic recently. Yorkiesknob - I had a real good chuckle at your "defence" about Brisbane -quite undeniable and it is much easier to keep tabs on Leeds affairs from Headingley/Kirkstall !!
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

The Fleece in Farsley has reopened
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

salt 'n pepper wrote: salt 'n pepper wrote: I reported on the fate of the Pointer (Sheepscar) before during the period of refurbishment. It's fate was unknown although there was a planning application on the appropriate Leeds City Council website for a number of residential flats above licensed premises.This morning I noticed that a sign has appeared on the frontage of the building. The sign is best described as small, grubby, unprofessional and not immediately noticeable - certainly to any interested parties.It says simply 'TO LET. RETAIL. RESTAURANT' and lists a mobile telephone number. The 'To Let' sign is long gone but today there is an A4 copy of licensing application stuck to the front door with sellotape.This is it on the Council website...New application Punjabi Sizzler Ltd, 3 Sheepscar Street South, Sheepscar, Leeds, LS7 1AD, Ref. No: PREM/03291/001 Expiry date: 28 February 2013The piece of paper stuck to the door says....Sale of alcohol on the premises, provision of regulated entertainment, provision of late night refreshmentsMon-Sun1200-0200 Passing by on a bus today (March 24 2013) I noticed a sign stating the premises are to open shortly as a 'Punjabi Sizzler and Grill'.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hi folks, I'm closing this thread and starting a "Part Two" thread because the Active Threads page is not working due to the length of threads like this one!You can find Part Two here: http://www.secretleeds.com/forum/Messag ... eadID=4680
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Gadget007

Re: Leeds lost pubs

Post by Gadget007 »

Hi I know this is for an old post and an old pub
The newlands
I too am looking for photos of this pub
I know my mum has some of it
Because she and my dad ran it for a few years in the early 70s and she has some pictures of me and my brother and sister on the front step at the door
I will ask my mum if she can scan and send me some and I will post
I think we moved out of the pub in 1975

Gadget007

Post by Gadget007 »

Hi I know this is for an old post and an old pub
The newlands
I too am looking for photos of this pub
I know my mum has some of it
Because she and my dad ran it for a few years in the early 70s and she has some pictures of me and my brother and sister on the front step at the door
I will ask my mum if she can scan and send me some and I will post
I think we moved out of the pub in 1975

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Can someone give me the name of the licensed premises that opened on Tong Road on the next corner above the old Crown cinema. It opened about the late 70s I sould think, was on two levels and fashioned to look like a ship inside, portholes, chrome rails etc, quite plush really for the area as most pubs around there were a bit on the scruffy side can't for the life of me remember the name....... really something nautical Apparently it's a doctors surgery nowadays

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

These two are next to the old Crown cinema

:arrow:
Attachments
Beech.JPG
Beech.JPG (137.99 KiB) Viewed 6587 times
Crown.JPG
Crown.JPG (125.68 KiB) Viewed 6587 times
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

jim

Post by jim »

Are you thinking of the QE3 club, just round the corner of Green Lane, now the Priory Medical Centre?

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

jim wrote:Are you thinking of the QE3 club, just round the corner of Green Lane, now the Priory Medical Centre?

That the one Jim, Thank you, it was a really plushy place and might have lasted longer in another area.