Stanhope arms Rodley

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

I should have said, the engine driver joke was one of Albert Modley's.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Two men go paddling in Morecambe while on their local pub's annual outing."Ee, Charlie", says one, "aren't your feet mucky?""Aye tha's reet", says t'other. "But tha sees, I didn't paddle last year!"That was another.
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Si

Post by Si »

stutterdog wrote: LS1 wrote: I'll have to go have a look for myself as I'm not sure how old this pic is from Google earth. Though it clearly shows the metal shutters and the Paris sign in the left hand side. Please someone confirm if poss for my own sanity! Hello LS 1,I'll see if I can find time tomorrow to run down and take a photo, just to put your mind at rest! As I said earlier,I'm going there for dinner on Sat. Night. so it is open for business! Paris did shut down for a while, but re-opened under new management this year. We had a pleasant meal there a few weeks ago.

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

Si wrote: stutterdog wrote: LS1 wrote: I'll have to go have a look for myself as I'm not sure how old this pic is from Google earth. Though it clearly shows the metal shutters and the Paris sign in the left hand side. Please someone confirm if poss for my own sanity! Hello LS 1,I'll see if I can find time tomorrow to run down and take a photo, just to put your mind at rest! As I said earlier,I'm going there for dinner on Sat. Night. so it is open for business! Paris did shut down for a while, but re-opened under new management this year. We had a pleasant meal there a few weeks ago. Went to the Paris resteraunt last night,the meal wasn't bad but nothing outstanding. The place was abit cold and there were only 3 tables occupied so not a very good atmosphere. They had Leeds brewery Bitter on draught but it wasn't that good.Probably wont go again
ex-Armley lad

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Sort of damned with faint praise then, Stutters. Sorry it wasn't a better experience. Come back Modley & Showers, all is forgiven!
The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on; nor all thy Piety nor all thy Wit can call it back to cancel half a Line, nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Sort of damned with faint praise then, Stutters. Sorry it wasn't a better experience. Come back Modley & Showers, all is forgiven!

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Oops! Managed to double-post. Sorry folks!

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

Uno Hoo wrote: Sort of damned with faint praise then, Stutters. Sorry it wasn't a better experience. Come back Modley & Showers, all is forgiven! Hello Uno, yes I'm sorry it I couldn't give it more praise. Maybe the cold weather put people off going? We were going to call in the Railway before we dined but the ladies said it was too bad underfoot to walk over the river, so we went straight to Paris.
ex-Armley lad

Uno Hoo

Post by Uno Hoo »

Blimey, that would have sounded really exotic had I not known the context!BTW, you could have told the ladies that there is a bridge!!! Not quite as wet that way.

stutterdog

Post by stutterdog »

Uno Hoo wrote: Blimey, that would have sounded really exotic had I not known the context!BTW, you could have told the ladies that there is a bridge!!! Not quite as wet that way. Sorry about that! The language was a bit overblown wasn't it! Sounded almost Victorian! LoL
ex-Armley lad