alfie

Re: The Peel

Post by alfie »

betty and barbara the djs last song of thenight was fog on the tyne

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

alfie wrote:betty and barbara the djs last song of thenight was fog on the tyne
Yes, they also played the Moody Blues 'go now'. I also remember the Blackpool trips as well.

[email protected]

alfie wrote:
Mon 03 Nov, 2014 7:56 pm
went on trips to blackpool early seventies from the peel does any one remember
I remember going on the Blackpool trips in about 1974-1975. We all used to go downstairs in the Peel on a Friday & Saturday as they had rock music on. The dj's were ladies, one was called Barbara. Great times.

[email protected]

Re:

GINGER TOMMY wrote:
Thu 26 Aug, 2010 12:30 am
Hollie wrote: I have just read a Book by Peter Robinson who writes crime fiction based in Yorkshire. He mentions 'The Peel' and I know I would have gone there in the sixties but I can't remember where it was. Anyone help jog my memory. yeah it was on boar lane,it is now the `square`,l went there from 1973 to when it closed in 1977. lt was a great pub that played rock music down stairs-two ladies called betty & barbara used to be on the decks. lt was then a websters house and l contacted the brewery recently to see if they could get me any info/photos on the peel but had no luck. lm glad that l dropped on this forum and found somebody who remembers it. l had a lot of good mates here-and now a lot of good memories. lf anyone has any photos of the peel or in the peel please get in touch.
Tommy I think I remember you from the Peel. I used to go there with my boyfriend at the time John during those same years. I remember going on holiday with him & a couple called Jeff & Barbara to Withernsea I think & staying in a caravan there. You turned up a few days later & I remember we were all on the beach one night & you played the guitar & sang to Seagull by Bad Company. Seems like a million years ago now, but great times. If is was you, I remember you having really long ginger hair.