Leeds in Pop Songs

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

I was listening to the first Dire Straits album in my car today including the song "In the Gallery" which is about Leeds (Mark Knopfler after he left Newcastle having once lived and worked here)and it got me thinking if there are any other songs that mention or are about Leeds and district. Are there any more?

Si

Post by Si »

Catweazle wrote: I was listening to the first Dire Straits album in my car today including the song "In the Gallery" which is about Leeds (Mark Knopfler after he left Newcastle having once lived and worked here)and it got me thinking if there are any other songs that mention or are about Leeds and district. Are there any more? I think "Looking For Linda" by Hugh and Cry has been mentioned on here before. "Leeds Central" in the lyrics. Also Panic by The Smiths.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Road to Roundhay Pier - The Rythmn Sisters

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

I Predict a Riot by the Kaiser Chiefs. Though it doesn't exactly mention Leeds, just Smeaton and an Old Leodensian.    

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

What about Leeds Leeds Leeds (Marching on Together) a top 10 hit in 1972.Leeds United-Amanda PalmerAnother 3 points tonight

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

soft cell - bedsit land
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Cardiarms wrote: Road to Roundhay Pier - The Rythmn Sisters That is just the title of the album Cardi, although it does contain a track called "Saturday Sunday Lazy LEEDS Afternoons".And there's this beauty from the Parachute Men. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm4lNqEc ... relatedAnd here's the Rhythm Sister not singing about Leeds but the video is in Leeds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtEIaQ5iwlI    
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Theres the Who live at leeds lol
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

simong

Post by simong »

Leeds Station by the Parachute Men (ah, already had that one)Slept by the Sisters of Mercy ('I've slept with all the girls in LS13')