Pubs closing NOW- in our time.

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I was at the Otey Folk festival today. and can confirm that The Red Lion is [edited for content] with a For sale sign on it. All acts are at Whitkaers whereever possible.Excellent day out and I even brought a witch home as Wharfed Ales had pendle witch in <G>. The Woolpack and ring O ' bells were both open although i only went in the former.i even got to see a "Goth" morris side called Medusa!
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

did you mispell shut there Steve
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Steve Jones wrote: I was at the Otey Folk festival today. and can confirm that The Red Lion is [edited for content] with a For sale sign on it. All acts are at Whitkaers whereever possible.Excellent day out and I even brought a witch home as Wharfed Ales had pendle witch in <G>. The Woolpack and ring O ' bells were both open although i only went in the former.i even got to see a "Goth" morris side called Medusa! steven jones JP you need to wash your mouth out with soap and water lolif only your friends at the bar could hear you sirby the way what was the[edited for blooody content] folk festival like?
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

I must have mispelt. I meant it is closed<G>.The festival and beer were both excellent by the way!

stevief

Post by stevief »

stevief wrote: According to the programme of events for Otley folk festival,The Red Lion is closed.It was always a popular venue,all acts scheduled to appear there are moving next door to the Whitakers. This years 'Good Beer Guide' lists 3 Otley pubs.The Manor House,The Junction and,you've guessed it,The Red Lion!
Attachments
__TFMF_i51i1p550e05mu45qfitnubr_1e457295-30e9-4a75-a1a4-5c77cbd3fd5c_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_i51i1p550e05mu45qfitnubr_1e457295-30e9-4a75-a1a4-5c77cbd3fd5c_0_main.jpg (90.87 KiB) Viewed 53648 times

Si

Post by Si »

The (closed) Red Lion was originally a 'corridor' pub, with (if I remember correctly) a bar tucked under the stairs. The best thing about the Otley Folk Festival, is that it has brought Riggwelter on draught to my local! PS Duncan McFarlane (the skulls singer) is appearing, but I can't remember when or where! I'll look it up.

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

Double post
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

ricky

Post by ricky »

hi every one. im new to secret leeds. its brilliant well done to you guys. an update for this section ; the brown cow bramley (stanningley road) demolished 2007. the park(pudsey) closed 2008. the junction bradford road near gain lane closed, building for sale.
live every day as if its your last... one day you will be right !!!

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

The Coach & Horses in Rothwell shut a couple of years ago and is now shops and flats, The Woodlands closed and has since reopened with a lick of paint. The Rose and Crown in Lofthouse was shut for a bit but I think it is now open (difficult to tell to be honest). i think The Bentley Arms (Oulton next tot he Sports Centre) is going to be a Chinese Restaurant / Pub, sounds interesting.I think in Rothwell we are not brilliantly served by pubs anyway so i don't foresee any further closures.    
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

The Rosebud in Rothwell (on way to Carlton) is a good pub to look up Reggie and (so far) still in business!