Eagle hotel, York road

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

cnosni wrote: Phill_d wrote: mmm. the missing memory lapse again.. Doesn't it just bug you this kind of thing.. I used to go in the Torre road club a lot and passed through the Eagle car park as well. How did you "pass"through the car park Phil,before or after the club? Coming home was always a taxi mate. hic     
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

Rich87

Post by Rich87 »

i live near where the eagle pub was, i remember when they flattened it, and loads of gypsies moved on the site.Iv seen that eagle at the car place on hunslet road too, and im sure iv seen it somewhere else, as if its been moved to another place, but im not sure where i saw it last!

Clankylad

Post by Clankylad »

The Doggers wrote: Does anybody remember the Eagle Star building, over from the Art Gallery on the corner of Park Row and the Headrow?I'm sure that had an Eagle on the canopy over the entrance. Never knew what happened to that as it closed when I was a kid. I don't know what happened to it either, but I remember reading in the YP about some 'revellers' who were fined after being caught carrying it down the street one night. The amusing part was that it weighed about 200lb and none of them could remember how they actually got it down. Shortly after that it was replaced by a more stylised plastic eagle.
"This is the North. We do what we like."

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

The eagele at Eagle garage on Hunslet road is behind a metal fence to the left of the entrance on the left hand side nearest the Hunslet baptist Church. I saw it there last night so it is still present. there is only one as well not two.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

Sneaking suspicion this Eagle might be the one from above the Eagle Star Insurance Co entrance on The Headrow, last in situ in early to mid 90's.
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

PJ

Post by PJ »

Let's see Eagle pub demolished, eagle appears as part of Eagle Car Sales. Eagle Car Sales moves to Hunslet Road, eagle appears in forecourt. Suggests to me same eagle. Or am I missing something - perhaps it's the eagle from the US Embassy in Grosvenor Square.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

PJ wrote: Let's see Eagle pub demolished, eagle appears as part of Eagle Car Sales. Eagle Car Sales moves to Hunslet Road, eagle appears in forecourt. Suggests to me same eagle. Or am I missing something - perhaps it's the eagle from the US Embassy in Grosvenor Square. the eagle phil's on about(the one in the picture) is on york road not hunslet what were trying to figure out is if it was the eagle from the eagle pub but it looks like its been established that it's the eagle from the eagle star building that was facing the art gallery on the headrow.......... PHEWWW we got there in the end phil eh lol
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Brandy wrote: PJ wrote: Let's see Eagle pub demolished, eagle appears as part of Eagle Car Sales. Eagle Car Sales moves to Hunslet Road, eagle appears in forecourt. Suggests to me same eagle. Or am I missing something - perhaps it's the eagle from the US Embassy in Grosvenor Square. the eagle phil's on about(the one in the picture) is on york road not hunslet what were trying to figure out is if it was the eagle from the eagle pub but it looks like its been established that it's the eagle from the eagle star building that was facing the art gallery on the headrow.......... PHEWWW we got there in the end phil eh lol Ha ha. hey Brandy the way this post is going i'm more confused then ever At the moment i'm not taking anything for certain. There's more twists to this storyline than Eastenders
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

The Doggers

Post by The Doggers »

Brandy wrote: PJ wrote: Let's see Eagle pub demolished, eagle appears as part of Eagle Car Sales. Eagle Car Sales moves to Hunslet Road, eagle appears in forecourt. Suggests to me same eagle. Or am I missing something - perhaps it's the eagle from the US Embassy in Grosvenor Square. the eagle phil's on about(the one in the picture) is on york road not hunslet what were trying to figure out is if it was the eagle from the eagle pub but it looks like its been established that it's the eagle from the eagle star building that was facing the art gallery on the headrow.......... PHEWWW we got there in the end phil eh lol Well that's what I thought when I first saw it. It just brought it all back to me lol!This is a pic I found of the Eagle Star logo for comparison:The spread of the wings looks very similar, but the body of the bird looks straighter in the image above than the one int he photo.... Hmm......

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Phill_d wrote: Brandy wrote: PJ wrote: Let's see Eagle pub demolished, eagle appears as part of Eagle Car Sales. Eagle Car Sales moves to Hunslet Road, eagle appears in forecourt. Suggests to me same eagle. Or am I missing something - perhaps it's the eagle from the US Embassy in Grosvenor Square. the eagle phil's on about(the one in the picture) is on york road not hunslet what were trying to figure out is if it was the eagle from the eagle pub but it looks like its been established that it's the eagle from the eagle star building that was facing the art gallery on the headrow.......... PHEWWW we got there in the end phil eh lol Ha ha. hey Brandy the way this post is going i'm more confused then ever At the moment i'm not taking anything for certain. There's more twists to this storyline than Eastenders well ive got to hand it to you phill you don't half know how to start off a cracking thread lolyou and that"eagle eye" of yours
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.