Help save the Summercross, Otley

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
sosotley

Post by sosotley »

Please help us save the Summercross in Otley.Having sucessfully defeated the first proposal in January 2008 to build houses, the developers have now submitted a planning application to build a care home.Please visit www.sosotley.org.uk and object to the latest development plans.ThanksSave Our Summercross!
Save our Summercross

Si

Post by Si »

According to the local paper, the developers have also failed to get permission to turn The Summercross into a care home.

sosotley

Post by sosotley »

Si wrote: According to the local paper, the developers have also failed to get permission to turn The Summercross into a care home. NOT TRUE! Leeds City Council has not considered the planning applicaction yet (11 Dec is the deadline for objections). You are refering to a very misleading headline in the WAO which refers to Otley Town council deciding to opose the plans - it is Leeds that decides.SOS Otley    
Save our Summercross

Si

Post by Si »

sosotley wrote: Si wrote: According to the local paper, the developers have also failed to get permission to turn The Summercross into a care home. NOT TRUE! Leeds City Council has not considered the planning applicaction yet (11 Dec is the deadline for objections). You are refering to a very misleading headline in the WAO which refers to Otley Town council deciding to opose the plans - it is Leeds that decides.SOS Otley     Well, it certainly misled me then. (Easily done, I know.)    

Glenny3363

Post by Glenny3363 »

Oh dear,In this month's Otley Life free magazine it appears that the Summercross' fate has been decided!Planning has been granted for a care home.The approved scheme is subject to 'numerous' conditions including a provision of £10,000 for a bus stop! (that's gonna be one hell of a bus stop!!!!), the retention of key historical features - these being the building itself, trees under a preservation order and the stone boundary wall!Not a bar then I guess!!!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!