Leeds Pubs

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Croggy

Post by Croggy »

Lol Great story there. I never knew that! Although do know a few people (including the ex!) that worked in The Manston in the 80s.

liits

Post by liits »

Ooooh, the 80's staff at the Manston, do the pools [or at least pick eight from ten and see if you or your ex knows any of these] John & Christine Gale + Jon. They were the managers and their son. Stan, the Polish barman in the tap room. Billy, the oldest cermudgeon in the tap room if not the world. Norma, Sue, Paul, Tony, Little Tony, Roweena, Chris, Karl, Dennis, Harry Noad, Joan in the kitchen plus may more.

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

Lets see ...John & Christine Gale, yep - they went to take a bar in Lanzarote didn't they?Stan and Dennis - remember them. Dennis used to have our drinks on the bar ready when he saw us walking up to the pub, lol.Chris - was he the one that used to wear the bangles??Paul - yepSue - still see her around.Rowena - was friends with her and her sister.Tony and little Tony - think so ...I'm sure there will be others that I know too.

liits

Post by liits »

Bangles indeed! I've never worn bangle in my life! Cheeky sod. LOL

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

Lol please accept my apologies! Who am I thinking of then?

liits

Post by liits »

Actualy, thinnking about it, there was another Chris, Chris Taylor, his father was the minister at the methodist church an Austhorpe Rd, he worked there part-time for a while, he's curly lack har and glasses.

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

Yeah do remember him not sure if it was the same one though ...was there someone from New Zealand worked there for a while?

liits

Post by liits »

Ok, I don't remember any NZ persons, but, to identify myself, I worked there [part-time] from about 1984 then when I finished mt apprenticeship at Barnbow, worked full time from about september 1987 until october 89, and I'm Chris, without the bangles!

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

Right era then for us being in there several nights a week and most weekends too.I was one of the group of girls that consumed a (limited!) amount of skol, I think it would have been at that time. Often at the table in the middle by the french windows.Know a couple of people who used to work at Barnbow too.

Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Hi Did the book ever get off the ground I would certainly buy a copy!Shelley