Your pubs in the London Gazette

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
oldkirby

Post by oldkirby »

Hi,I've been researching old newspaper articles on Leeds at www.gazettes-line.co.uk (the London version), it's been really helpful and FREE! It does not show general news but things like bankruptcies, insolvencies and partnerships. I tried a few of the pub names in your forum and loads came up. To save too much hair loss refine any search with the full pub name and also the arrange by date function is handy if your looking for a particular time span.Hope this helps someone.    

Si

Post by Si »

Thanks for that, Oldkirby.Found something on the site about The Crown and Fleece.See Skulls thread!

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

oldkirby wrote: Hi,I've been researching old newspaper articles on Leeds at www.gazettes-line.co.uk (the London version), it's been really helpful and FREE! It does not show general news but things like bankruptcies, insolvencies and partnerships. I tried a few of the pud names in your forum and loads came up. To save too much hair loss refine any search with the full pub name and also the arrange by date function is handy if your looking for a particular time span.Hope this helps someone. Pud names??? great stuff - have you tried Bread and Butter yet?Seriously though - very interesting and thanks for the info
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

oldkirby

Post by oldkirby »

Right, I have changed my Yorkshire Pud, please excuse me but I am from down South.

Leeds-lad

Post by Leeds-lad »

Strange that,the original thread says Pubthe quote says Pud???
"always expect the unexpected"

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Leeds-lad wrote: Strange that,the original thread says Pubthe quote says Pud??? You can edit any post that you make yourself - but you can't (for obvious reasons) edit other people's.That means the quoted piece can only be edited by me - as its in my post - and I haven't edited it!!
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.