The Rhubarb Triangle - where is it?

The green spaces and places of Leeds
dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Can't believe I missed this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 143.stmDid anyone else go?
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

dsco wrote: Can't believe I missed this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 143.stmDid anyone else go? It was on Radio Leeds at the time. Last night coming up the A650 out of Wakey I noticed a pub on the left called "The Rhubarb Triangle" The rhubarb trains apparently ran from Ardsley Station which of course these days would have been in Leeds - so I think Leeds can claim the Rhubarb Triangle - Oldroyds at Rothwell is also in Leeds!
Industria Omnia Vincit

Bramley4woods

Post by Bramley4woods »

Trojan wrote: dsco wrote: Can't believe I missed this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 143.stmDid anyone else go? It was on Radio Leeds at the time. Last night coming up the A650 out of Wakey I noticed a pub on the left called "The Rhubarb Triangle" The rhubarb trains apparently ran from Ardsley Station which of course these days would have been in Leeds - so I think Leeds can claim the Rhubarb Triangle - Oldroyds at Rothwell is also in Leeds! Sainsbury's at the White Rose is selling Oldroyd's Rhubarb right now !
We wanted to make Leeds a better place for the future - but we're losing it. The tide is going out beneath our feet.

Barwicker

Post by Barwicker »

Did anybody else notice that "Savarin de Rhubarbe" (Rhubarb Cake) was on the menu for the State Banquet the other night. My portion was quite nice!!!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Barwicker wrote: Did anybody else notice that "Savarin de Rhubarbe" (Rhubarb Cake) was on the menu for the State Banquet the other night. My portion was quite nice!!! Just watch out for those TV microphones - 'ee ba gum - rhubarb!'

Si

Post by Si »

"The Rhubarb Triangle - Where is it?" This question was on QI on Friday. The panel hadn't a clue!    

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Si wrote: "The Rhubarb Triangle - Where is it?" This question was on QI on Friday. The panel hadn't a clue!     Perhaps the producers read this forum
Industria Omnia Vincit

dervish99

Post by dervish99 »

We took our friends on the "Rhubarb Experience" (they are a bit weird) at Oldroyds farm near Colton. You pays your money (booking required) and then get free tea and coffee + biscuits whilst the self proclaimed "high priestess of the rhubarb" tells you the history of the crop, and then you get to go into the forcing sheds to hear it grow. Yes you can hear it grow... under candlelight.Not your usual saturday afternoon out but hey better than watching footie.Russ
Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Industria Omnia Vincit

Dalehelms

Post by Dalehelms »

Thanks for the link, Trojan. Hope dsco sees it and doesn't miss the festival again this year!