Vally Pleasure gardens

The green spaces and places of Leeds
Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Thanks for finding it Big N. I looked but couldn't find it. I have however found another photo.
Attachments
__TFMF_0gek5r35hqj2nu55unbvzw45_e0cd5ddf-578a-44c4-a6c2-a1024a8cf062_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_0gek5r35hqj2nu55unbvzw45_e0cd5ddf-578a-44c4-a6c2-a1024a8cf062_0_main.jpg (69.7 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
Industria Omnia Vincit

Si

Post by Si »

Trojan wrote: Taken from the advert for Tyrrells Berry Gardens, Cockersdale, Drighlington:For the Easter Holidays"Take your Girlie where the Bans is playing Tyrrells Berry Gardens again. Don't go to the seaside, the weather is too cold and changeable. Save expense and come to:Tyrrells Berry Gardens Cockersdale DrighlingtonYou will be sure to enjoy yourselves. The best place for a Good Tea. Resfreshments, Meat Sandwiches, Pies Buns etc. Try us. WE OPEN FOR THE SEASON ON GOOD FRIDAY.ON EASTER MONDAY AND TUESDAY A BAND OF MUSIC, engaged for selections and dancing - afternoon and evening (weather permitting) Come early. Bring the children, they love to come. Come in thousands, we can supply you all. Good Shelter. Pleasure Boat, swngs and Ranty. Admission one penny on these two days to meet the expenses of the Band. Free when no band. Remember Tyrrell's Gardens. the Berry Gardens are the MIDDLE GARDENS. Ask for the Boat, and you will be right."There are pictures but I'm not sure how to get them on here. God knows what Ranty means. What a great piece of copywriting!!!I particularly like the bit that says "don't go to the seaside" because the weather is changeable, and then the band only plays "weather permitting!"I'll ask my "girlie" what a "ranty" is! ;-)