Roundhay Park - Waterloo Lake thriving!

The green spaces and places of Leeds
Jay Cartay

Post by Jay Cartay »

I used to go up here fishing as a kid. It wasn't much cop! Then the lake was drained so they could repair the "leak" and it never really recovered from there. It basically fell right off the map as a fishing venue in Leeds. Well, we went up there the weekend before last and I have to say it was absolutely teeming with fish. Brought a smile to my face and made me very happy indeed. We also saw a large pike in the water and followed it from the bank for a while. The sheer number of roach and perch in there though, I've never seen it like that. Looks like it has finally fully recovered. It's really great to see. We also spotted a cormorant at the top lake, sunning himself!

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Jay Cartay wrote: I used to go up here fishing as a kid. It wasn't much cop! Then the lake was drained so they could repair the "leak" and it never really recovered from there. It basically fell right off the map as a fishing venue in Leeds. Well, we went up there the weekend before last and I have to say it was absolutely teeming with fish. Brought a smile to my face and made me very happy indeed. We also saw a large pike in the water and followed it from the bank for a while. The sheer number of roach and perch in there though, I've never seen it like that. Looks like it has finally fully recovered. It's really great to see. We also spotted a cormorant at the top lake, sunning himself! Excellent news, good to see its thriving again. It can only be good for the whole habitat.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com