Sparrow Park

The green spaces and places of Leeds
Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Joy as Headingley’s Sparrow Park is saved... ... http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-4887720
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Jogon wrote: Congrats Cardie. People assume 'things just happen' but that must have taken a lot of hard work. Being on your hind legs in front of the Council uses up some heartbeats too Would the committee object to my treehouse.. Yes we would!Thanks - it has been ....interesting.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Sparrow Park success.Already Committee Swanning around, Crowing about it. They may think twice before embarking on another such venture - once Bittern etc.Celebrations should be a hoot. [THAT'S ENOUGH BIRD PUNS - ED] Bit of a Lark (see what I did there).    

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

Back in the 60s and 70s my mum worked next door at Grove Villa and also across Cardigan Road at Gardenhurst. They were then Council run old folks' homes but were both big Edwardian properties. I think Gardenhurst has long gone but Grove Villa survives and is in search of new owners I understand. Their histories must have had some stories to tell.I remember Sparrow Park (though never knew its name) as being just a piece of unloved waste ground even in those days.Well done to Cardiarms and everyone concerned.JD