Sparrow Park

The green spaces and places of Leeds
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Caron wrote: Only folk with money can live the Bohemian lifestyle.Think I'd have made a good Bohemian surrounded by books and more books and the Absinthe.... Ahh the Absinthe Green Fairy...(Kylie on Moulin Rouge). Never tried the stuff.Perhaps with continued use, I shall come to see the Carlsberg Special Brew Fairy?

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Jogon wrote: Cardiarms wrote: Bird boxes/bat boxes and increasing the variety of wildlife and plants is on the agenda. Planting spring bulbs etc. The vegetation needs managing properly to provide this variety. At the moment it's too dense with saplings and ivy. Book hunting in the Mind shop tomoz, I shall wander down Chapel Ln and have a skeg.Do say hello if you see me unfortunately I'll be earning my taxes. :-DIt's a lot better than it was. We cleaned up in the spring. Cleared a skip full of rubbish, including a ceiling fan and a fishing rod. Thinned out loads of bushes but it's just sticking plaster.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Saw the info poster.Are you local to it then? If so, can one get thru Bk Broomfield Cres onto St M's Cres heading in a canal towpath dirn?

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

You mean St Michael's Lane?No.Originally yes and some sat navs still believe you can, but not for about 50 years.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Good news. The council has agreed, subject to the rubber stamp, to compulsory purchase the park and then set up a management agreement so we can restore and maintain it.http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-4887720

Caron

Post by Caron »

WELL DONE....GREAT NEWS and GOOD LUCK!!

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

They have a facebook Sparrow Park action group herehttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Sparrow-Park-Act ... 91?ref=tsI saw some photos of the new fencing going up today, not sure if non facebooker's can see it though.    
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

Good news. I'm curious: if they don't know who the owner is, who will they buy it from and how will they decide the price? I presume the Land Registry doesn't have any records or they would have found out a long time ago.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

The land is valued and as part of the process this value is lodged with the land registry (i think) and if someone can prove their title within a certain time the council pays them. No money actually moves until then. The actual purchase price is about £2000 cos the land can't be developed.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Congrats Cardie. People assume 'things just happen' but that must have taken a lot of hard work. Being on your hind legs in front of the Council uses up some heartbeats too Would the committee object to my treehouse..