The wrong sort of "Secret" Leeds...

The green spaces and places of Leeds
beast

Post by beast »

Jogon wrote: beast..too many dogs... and (picture didn't load)the cathttp://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2768213 oh, Max the Golden Acre cat ,he is lovely !!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

It was mentioned in yesterday's YEP that on Sunday February 26th a sponsored dog walk in aid of St Gemma's Hospice will take place at Golden Acre Park.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Richard A Thackeray

Post by Richard A Thackeray »

beast wrote: and yes we do have to get a race permit from the council for insurance purposes.     Sorry Dave, I forgot to mention that factI see you ran it, you'd probably have beaten me this time (was a bit jet-lagged on the Sunday anyway, in addition to the bad knee)

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Leodian wrote: It was mentioned in yesterday's YEP that on Sunday February 26th a sponsored dog walk in aid of St Gemma's Hospice will take place at Golden Acre Park. I was going to mention that too, Leodian - primarily as we're taking part!I must re-emphasize though that I'm not against events taking part in our parks across Leeds, I just wish they were better publicised so people can make informed decisions about where they want to go. Appropriate publicity many well attract more attendees / spectators to many events, whilst it gives those who don't want to get involved the opportunity to go elsewhere.It was a recurring problem last summer with events on at parks across the city with little or no prior warning to the general population of the city that the park in question was either going to be much busier, or that access to parts of it may be restricted.For example at one event last year the access road to the park was blocked by what appeared to be an individual who had pulled his own private car across the road - no doubt arranged by the organisers but with nothing to advise anyone what was going on.It beggars belief that the council (who must sanction these events) don't list them on their website, preferring to rely on a flyer on a noticeboard at the venue placed there by the event organisers (in the case of last weekends running event).    
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell