What was/is this area in LS16 used for?

The green spaces and places of Leeds
jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

I do hope you're right Sparky about it been many years before any developers decide to take on the quarry site. The site is vast and as you've mentioned its full of all kinds of demolition waste including asbestos. I think one of the major problems the Burford group faced was going to be stabilising the sides of the quarry not to mention the uneven layout. I could forsee years of noisy / dusty earthmoving, landscaping and the dreaded pile-driving. On the subject of the newts the one time when I was able to go inspect the new ponds just off Low Lane one spring afternoon I noticed that the waters were literally boiling with thousands of frogs as I approached the edges. Are frogs and newts able to cohabit successfully? I would have thought a young newt would make a tasty snack for a hungry frog.
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

sparky415

Post by sparky415 »

Yes Jon, they co-exist great.
Come on Leeds United!