Plans unveiled to build Leeds waste incinerator

The green spaces and places of Leeds
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Jogon wrote: We got a leaflet from Leeds CC about this before Christmas. If this distribution went the same way as many, you must live at least 5 miles away Jogon! It seems to be that those living the closest to projects and developments felt worthy of consultation and 'keeeping in touch' are left out in the cold lately. This has happened twice in the last year, involving development proposals with significant impact potential to us

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Details about the incinerator were on the back of the leaflet with the Christmas / New Year bin collection dates on. So a copy should have been delivered to every home across the city....That said, I know what you mean chameleon, certain communications don't appear to be reaching the parties most likely to be affected. A cynic might think that this was to stop people raising legitimate objections.I wonder if the council still advertising all it's official notices in the Leeds Weekly News (presuming it's still going)?We haven't had a copy of that delivered in over a decade, despite it's claims to be a city wide free paper.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

chamelYes LS16. So not in my back yard.They shouldn't moan though - they go the new International Pool (cunningly re-named so no incomers can find it)Leeds weekly news left hanging outa the letter box to show we weren't in used to go straight into the bin anyway so that's saved me a job.

biggee99

Post by biggee99 »

It still beats me why they want to build right next to the local villages, when they can build it where the old power station was its off junction 45 and straight down the old water works road the road was new will not clog any roads, railway is there, and out of sight.It would be nice to see some small work shops down on the old car boot for first start business, they are hundreds of people wanting to start a small business, but to expensive in rates give them a break to have a go for a year or so? LCC brains none have not got a clue?????????? happy new year guys        
biggee

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

raveydavey wrote: Details about the incinerator were on the back of the leaflet with the Christmas / New Year bin collection dates on. So a copy should have been delivered to every home across the city....That said, I know what you mean chameleon, certain communications don't appear to be reaching the parties most likely to be affected. A cynic might think that this was to stop people raising legitimate objections.I wonder if the council still advertising all it's official notices in the Leeds Weekly News (presuming it's still going)?We haven't had a copy of that delivered in over a decade, despite it's claims to be a city wide free paper. We get a copy from time to eime delivered by a young eco-unfriendly man who leaves a trail of leeter boxes propped open with this junk in his wake. Not so much the warm air leaking out as the ice cold westerly belting in and across the control stat to keep the heating belting out!. We only ever used the thing, as with the EMP to put under the animal's dishes thoughWe have both been omitted from similar flyers of late, I know.By the way, nothing recently published about the proposed bypass but 2 guys doing a Geo-phys survey in the fields the route will cross close to me the other week - and it wasn't John from Time team    

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Jogon wrote: chamelYes LS16. So not in my back yard.They shouldn't moan though - they go the new International Pool (cunningly re-named so no incomers can find it)Leeds weekly news left hanging outa the letter box to show we weren't in used to go straight into the bin anyway so that's saved me a job. I once placed a small notice on my door asking that circulars and takeaway flyers be left in the nearby green post box (bin) - quite a few of the posters actually obliged!

biggee99

Post by biggee99 »

Well, guys they is a meeting at the east leeds sports centre on Halton Moor. On the proposed site of the old car boot sale site on new market lane for the new waist incinerator. Enclosed is the letter received, but been told not every one in the area has had one posted, wool over the eye job again by the looks of it.Well, be there if you want your input? This Saturday 18-2-12look out soon for www.haltonmoor.co.uk
Attachments
__TFMF_5xyb4tnwkjdcho45oxbzxvjq_80ebf169-6513-43d0-80c3-0ff1cdd3a7b9_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_5xyb4tnwkjdcho45oxbzxvjq_80ebf169-6513-43d0-80c3-0ff1cdd3a7b9_0_main.jpg (182.14 KiB) Viewed 3147 times
__TFMF_5xyb4tnwkjdcho45oxbzxvjq_9501abc8-3859-4df8-bf3b-4f2b7fe89888_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_5xyb4tnwkjdcho45oxbzxvjq_9501abc8-3859-4df8-bf3b-4f2b7fe89888_0_main.jpg (182.14 KiB) Viewed 3147 times
biggee

biggee99

Post by biggee99 »

biggee

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

Whats the problem with LS16? I live here, and contrary to popular belief not all the streets are paved with gold here. I live on the top floor of a ten storey high rise council tower block in LS16. Talking about people wanting to start small businesses, one of the drawbacks of living in such an 'affluent' postcode is that we are not included in the Leeds enterprise 'start-up' grant schemes area coverage as our postcode deems us as not being 'deprived' enough...? However if you live in postcode areas LS1-15 then you are... Hmm, so if I was living in a city centre million pound loft apartment I'd be more deprived... right! What a joke. Still at least I dont have to worry about the smell from an incinerator, that will help me sleep safe at night and not have to worry about the 5 mobile phone masts that are on my bedroom roof frying my brains or the 40+ jet planes that skim the roof of my flats or the 20.000+ vehicles that pass my house on the ring road each day - FFS get something proper to moan about!    
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

'Still at least I dont have to worry about the smell from an incinerator, that will help me sleep safe at night and not have to worry about the 5 mobile phone masts that are on my bedroom roof frying my brains'Was going to say that high up, you'd probably be in line with the chimney top and not want to be down wind - but it will be a lot higher than that!!On a serious note, the roof mounted aerials are presumably mobile communication kit, do not propogate downwards but away at an angle towards the ground, so you'll still need your microwave for quick meals John