Meanwood Park - Witches Stone

The green spaces and places of Leeds
jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

I'd like to know where this Witches Stone is in Meanwood Park, is it actually in the Park bit of Meanwood Park or more in the woodland part? Back in the mid 1990's I went to a few outdoor parties / raves in Meanwood woods where a few hippy types would juggle fire and do all sorts of weird chanting but it was more fuelled by rave music and drugs than black magic! I'd like to go have a look at this so called Witches Stone though just out of interest.
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

It is in Meanwood Park proper. As you enter from the car park,head for the bridge over Meanwood beck, the stone is just to the right of it. As I said earlier in the thread, having now seen it, I don't think it is in an original position. It doesn't look like a gatepost however ,and in all likelihood has been moved from somewhere else in one of the landscaping projects when the park was private.    
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!