Sheeny Park

The green spaces and places of Leeds
fevlad

Post by fevlad »

Si wrote: Cheers. Johnson's music is freely availablebut if you want an introduction to his stuff, Eric Clapton put out a CD of solely Robert Johnson's songs.I'm a big fan of Buddy Guy, BB King and Muddy Waters as well.
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

Si

Post by Si »

I've heard of him before, Fevlad. I didn't realise he was around so long ago! Thanks for the recommendation.

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Stop yer guessin! I've just turned 78! (Like all the recordsof my time!) Creak groan! So, Johnno was composing fore I wuz farrow'd in St Mary's? Sorry we haven't got an attic these days(Flat roof!) We did chuck an old painting out t'other week. Somebodycall Dorian.I think, with pins sticking out all over him!'Er indoors recons I don't need a 'pic' in the cockloft,'cos shekeeps me well fed and watered! Think she's reight (as a bobbin!)Mind you, if you saw my new all singin',all dancin' bus passfoto,youd have doubts! ('How does he stand upright?',springsto mind!) Have to lie down now! Thanks for the memories!Anybody got a sharpener for my 78 'needles'???Earliest Music memories are of Henry Hall,Jack Payne,Felix Mendelssohn and his Hawaiian Serenaders!Stephane Grappelli with Django Reinhardt. Lots morebut clogging the thread here!PS nearly forgot dear old Geraldo 'Yes Sir!'

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Her 'Maj.' (Tug forelock!) informed me that she wasn't sendingtelegrams these days due to lack of Telegraph Lads on BSA 2 strokes(!) But she'd get in touch wi' Munki and DiscoTo open a Centenary Thread for me! Wasn't that NICE of her!She's OLDER than me anyroad up!    

johnnyboy

Post by johnnyboy »

If you want to find out about old leeds there is a book called Highways and byways from leeds BY john gilleghan it was first published in1994.Ive read it over n over again,if any body would like it make a meet in town victoria back of town hall dinner times.