Middleton golf course

The green spaces and places of Leeds
jihfadiuh

Middleton golf course

Post by jihfadiuh »

Does anyone know what middleton golf course was in the past? on old maps it shows there was some mining going on around the parkwoods area of the golf course and i was once speaking with someone from the friends of stanks hall barn who said there was some early British settlement found on the golf course near that same area, i cant remember what age she said but i do seem to think iron age, any ideas?

Brunel

Re: Middleton golf course

Post by Brunel »

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by ... ht=BingHyb

Side by side map from circa 1900 not a lot showing.

jihfadiuh

Post by jihfadiuh »

thank you

jihfadiuh

Post by jihfadiuh »

what is the oldest map of leeds anyone has on here? and would you be able to share?

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

I have several (copies of ) maps of Leeds primarily the Seacroft area which is my area of interest.
Leeds University has a library which has lots of maps, which you are allowed to photograph.
Look on the library website to identify the documents you would like to see. The librarian will make an appointment for the viewing, and get all the maps ready . You will be asked to sign a document to say that it is for personal use and that you will not share any of the images that you take, including on websites such as this one.

jihfadiuh

Post by jihfadiuh »

excellent thank you for that