Name that place....

The origins and history of placenames, nicknames, local slang, etc.
Leodian

Post by Leodian »

uncle mick wrote: raveydavey wrote: This one might be a bit easier...still in LeedsSupposedly the birthplace of New Labour - or close by, fifty shades of a sporting legend....     Eddie Gray springs to mind but................ confused ???     I also thought of Eddie Gray and am also confused as to the answer. I have a vague feeling of reading somewhere that the early idea to create New Labour was at a pub in Leeds but, if so, I can't recall which pub. Mmmm, "close by" and "New". Tentatively (very very tentatively!) could it have been at the New Peacock next to Elland Road football ground?
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

You're all getting close, but not quite there yet.Remember its a place or area name, not a specific building...
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Back of the net uncle mick! Good find.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

uncle mick wrote: ISLINGTON http://tinyurl.com/mh49btw Nice one uncle mick!I'll have to think of another one now - unless someone else has one to try?
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Good one raveydavey. So it wasn't a pub in Leeds. I wonder where I got that thought from.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I thought I'd do what may be an easy one. It may be a little known place in Leeds but I shall keep strictly neutral and so give no more clues.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Leodian wrote: I thought I'd do what may be an easy one. It may be a little known place in Leeds but I shall keep strictly neutral and so give no more clues. Looks like you've stumped us all with this one...!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

raveydavey wrote: Leodian wrote: I thought I'd do what may be an easy one. It may be a little known place in Leeds but I shall keep strictly neutral and so give no more clues. Looks like you've stumped us all with this one...! Hiya raveydavey. I was worried that it would be so easy that people may have been embarrassed to give the answer and that would be why there had been no response for over 24 hours! My clues were "little" and "neutral" which is meant to be the Little Switzerland area in the Gledhows.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Leodian wrote: raveydavey wrote: Leodian wrote: I thought I'd do what may be an easy one. It may be a little known place in Leeds but I shall keep strictly neutral and so give no more clues. Looks like you've stumped us all with this one...! Hiya raveydavey. I was worried that it would be so easy that people may have been embarrassed to give the answer and that would be why there had been no response for over 24 hours! My clues were "little" and "neutral" which is meant to be the Little Switzerland area in the Gledhows. It's obvious now you say! Nevermind.How about this one......It could be Dudley, on a Moor?