My favourite snack

The origins and history of placenames, nicknames, local slang, etc.
railnut

Post by railnut »

Well, I've browsed this lot covering back to Feb last year and I havn't found everyones' favorite -- MUCKY FAT . Had to cut down recently; the old blood count and that!!

railnut

Post by railnut »

Sorry, meant this one to go in the sayings thread that's been going on for a couple of years.

Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

railnut wrote: Well, I've browsed this lot covering back to Feb last year and I havn't found everyones' favorite -- MUCKY FAT . Had to cut down recently; the old blood count and that!! It was mentioned a few weeks back on page 40 of Things you don't see anymore. I used to love it with plenty of salt on but nowadays it would be considered an unhealthy thing to give your kids and so they invented Mc Donalds!!! Funny how childhood obesity wasn't a problem in the drippin n bread days.

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Lilysmum wrote: railnut wrote: Well, I've browsed this lot covering back to Feb last year and I havn't found everyones' favorite -- MUCKY FAT . Had to cut down recently; the old blood count and that!! It was mentioned a few weeks back on page 40 of Things you don't see anymore. I used to love it with plenty of salt on but nowadays it would be considered an unhealthy thing to give your kids and so they invented Mc Donalds!!! Funny how childhood obesity wasn't a problem in the drippin n bread days. Probably'cos all the kids were out laikin' about, climbing trees, playing footy, cycling about all day instead todays kids are stuck infront of puter screens playing stupid games.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.