earthquake--in leeds 9

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
simonm

Post by simonm »

On the Virgin website they have the news about it and comments underneath. One woman from Barnsley posted "I just thought that the sex was better than normal, ah well"     
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Obviously the earth moved just for Her,Si!All I remember was a booming noise and the wardrobe slidingdoors rattling! Thought it was that next door neighbour on telly,extolling a Tiscali offer!Arry

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

hey brandy!....my dad lives opposite the fairway and he says it was not small,he recons the whole place shook and people were coming out of there houses into the street,thinking it was a bomb!
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

wiggy wrote: hey brandy!....my dad lives opposite the fairway and he says it was not small,he recons the whole place shook and people were coming out of there houses into the street,thinking it was a bomb! i told you wiggy , i nearly freakin shat missen mate! loli have never felt owt like it in my entire life the whole house moved!!to me it seemed that the whole house "dropped" slightly.
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_d wrote: O.M.G my penthouse towers pad just shook, rattled and frightened the flippin life out of me!! JEEZ!     Now Phillip, what have we told you about digging in tunnels? Look what you've done now!Good wasn't it!!

David Raven

Post by David Raven »

I woke up just after it'd finished... Typical! My girlfriend said 'Was that an earthquake?', I replied 'what? I didn't hear anything'... Zzzzzzzzzz!
Northern Earth Walks

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Never felt a thing,could be something to do with that bottle of merlot i had,preceded by a Speckled Hen chaser (hic!)
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Just seen it on the afternoon news down here in New Zealand, looks like a few chimney pot took a tumble.....been through quite of few down this neck of the woods, but its still not a nice feeling when it happens
Ex Merchant Seaman, jumped ship in NZ in 1970...ex pat Leeds Lad. Born/lived lower end Camp Road, then up to York Road in the early sixties.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

it woke me up in Wakefield but i thought it was an extra strong gust of wind as welive on top of a hill and it is very windy.I discovered it was an earthquake when i woke up to go to work.Interestingly my parents who are of the generation who went through the war woke up fully as they both said it remeined them of being bombed during the war in manchester so their senses were still attuned to the vibrations!
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Scotteh2k8

Post by Scotteh2k8 »

lol bit late in replying but i agree, was freaky. I was on my laptop in bed when i felt it shake a little, didnt think anything of it immediately. Thought that i'd subconciously shivered but then a couple of seconds after that is when it shook the whole goddamn house for a good 10 seconds. Will never forget the awful roaring sound that you could hear outside.I've always been one of the types of people who wants to experience these things like earthquakes and tornadoes. I havent yet properly witnessed a tornado but i was taking snaps of the haunting sky when they had one down in harehills about a year and half ago. Its only a 5 min drive from where i live too!As for the earthquake, fair enough it wasn't as violent as others get them but it was still quite freaky as well as it being quite exciting on reflection!
For every action, there is a reaction