earthquake--in leeds 9

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
wiggy

Post by wiggy »

cnosni wrote: Never felt a thing,could be something to do with that bottle of merlot i had,preceded by a Speckled Hen chaser (hic!) WINE SAH! WINE...SURELY THOU ART AN ENGLISHMAN? ALE SAH ALE! THATS WHAT YOU SHOULD DRINK...BE IT SPECKLED HEN,OLD PECULIAR OR SOME SOUTHERN RUBBISH(LIKE I AM FOCED TO PARTAKE IN FROM TIME TO TIME)...NOT WINE,LEAVE THAT FOR THE FRENCHIES SAH!
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

I never heard a thing!!!!
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

wiggy wrote: cnosni wrote: Never felt a thing,could be something to do with that bottle of merlot i had,preceded by a Speckled Hen chaser (hic!) WINE SAH! WINE...SURELY THOU ART AN ENGLISHMAN? ALE SAH ALE! THATS WHAT YOU SHOULD DRINK...BE IT SPECKLED HEN,OLD PECULIAR OR SOME SOUTHERN RUBBISH(LIKE I AM FOCED TO PARTAKE IN FROM TIME TO TIME)...NOT WINE,LEAVE THAT FOR THE FRENCHIES SAH! It was that or a can of Boddingtons,and considering Boddingtons isnt really any better than dishwater then the cheeky little CO OP new world Merlot went down the neck.Shame there was not more Speckled Hen
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

cnosni wrote: wiggy wrote: cnosni wrote: Never felt a thing,could be something to do with that bottle of merlot i had,preceded by a Speckled Hen chaser (hic!) WINE SAH! WINE...SURELY THOU ART AN ENGLISHMAN? ALE SAH ALE! THATS WHAT YOU SHOULD DRINK...BE IT SPECKLED HEN,OLD PECULIAR OR SOME SOUTHERN RUBBISH(LIKE I AM FOCED TO PARTAKE IN FROM TIME TO TIME)...NOT WINE,LEAVE THAT FOR THE FRENCHIES SAH! It was that or a can of Boddingtons,and considering Boddingtons isnt really any better than dishwater then the cheeky little CO OP new world Merlot went down the neck.Shame there was not more Speckled Hen i would love a pint of boddys.........try living on a diet of green king, adnams(worst drink i have EVER tasted) or bombardier,and you would see my point of view.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

wiggy wrote: cnosni wrote: wiggy wrote: cnosni wrote: Never felt a thing,could be something to do with that bottle of merlot i had,preceded by a Speckled Hen chaser (hic!) WINE SAH! WINE...SURELY THOU ART AN ENGLISHMAN? ALE SAH ALE! THATS WHAT YOU SHOULD DRINK...BE IT SPECKLED HEN,OLD PECULIAR OR SOME SOUTHERN RUBBISH(LIKE I AM FOCED TO PARTAKE IN FROM TIME TO TIME)...NOT WINE,LEAVE THAT FOR THE FRENCHIES SAH! It was that or a can of Boddingtons,and considering Boddingtons isnt really any better than dishwater then the cheeky little CO OP new world Merlot went down the neck.Shame there was not more Speckled Hen i would love a pint of boddys.........try living on a diet of green king, adnams(worst drink i have EVER tasted) or bombardier,and you would see my point of view. found some tim taylors landlord today,collecting dust in an corner shop,all these local 6 toed web foots never even knew what it was...it seems they had been praying to it for years and years.....they don't get out much down this way,most of them think the witchfinder general is still at large!!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

A bit further north I'd say NFN - normal for Norfolk! Is there an equivalent for your bit of the world ( that you can print here that is!).

sluginc

Post by sluginc »

What a freaky night that was, did anybody notice if their pets went a little bit weird about 10 to 20 mins before it happened. I was sat on the sofa watching a horror film ( of all things ) when i noticed my cats acting stranger than normal. This is the 2nd quake i have experienced in my life ( 1st when living in Huddersfield 6 years ago ) felt like there was no floor under my feet, thats a weird feeling. Now to top it all off we have these really strong gale force winds, the earths way of reminding us who is boss me thinks.

Si

Post by Si »

Scotteh2k8 wrote: lol bit late in replying but i agree, was freaky. I was on my laptop in bed when i felt it shake a little, didnt think anything of it immediately. Thought that i'd subconciously shivered but then a couple of seconds after that is when it shook the whole goddamn house for a good 10 seconds. Will never forget the awful roaring sound that you could hear outside.I've always been one of the types of people who wants to experience these things like earthquakes and tornadoes. I havent yet properly witnessed a tornado but i was taking snaps of the haunting sky when they had one down in harehills about a year and half ago. Its only a 5 min drive from where i live too!As for the earthquake, fair enough it wasn't as violent as others get them but it was still quite freaky as well as it being quite exciting on reflection! I've been in a hurricane (category 5), and I can tell you, you DON'T want to experience one!