Hebden Bridge

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Spackler

Post by Spackler »

Hi there, I know this isnt Leeds but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or heard of any paranormal activity around Hebden Bridge and Oxenhope? I'd heard that Hebden Bridge is meant to be on a Ley Line and the moors are meant to be haunted around there.    

Barwicker

Post by Barwicker »

Something paranormal seems to have changed the town's name from HebdEn Bridge.

Spackler

Post by Spackler »

How pedantic, thankyou though your reply has been a great help

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

Hebden Bridge is said to be the least clone like town in England - less national names on the high street etc. Certainly worth a visit. Sylivia Plath's grave is up the hill in Heptonstall - quite a hike up a very steep hill.
Industria Omnia Vincit

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Trojan wrote: Hebden Bridge is said to be the least clone like town in England - less national names on the high street etc. Certainly worth a visit. Sylivia Plath's grave is up the hill in Heptonstall - quite a hike up a very steep hill. Indeed - no Tesco's there! In fact I think the only "supermarket" is a Co-op, which is quite a rarity for a town of it's size nowadays.
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

I seem to remember fromabout the 70's to the presenttime Hebden had a fair number of hippies and weed smokers.Strange happenings/sightings self induced ??????
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

raveydavey wrote: Trojan wrote: Hebden Bridge is said to be the least clone like town in England - less national names on the high street etc. Certainly worth a visit. Sylivia Plath's grave is up the hill in Heptonstall - quite a hike up a very steep hill. Indeed - no Tesco's there! In fact I think the only "supermarket" is a Co-op, which is quite a rarity for a town of it's size nowadays. Morrisons up the road in Tod I believe.
Industria Omnia Vincit

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Lots of stuff on the moors near there Spackler. there is an old wellhead just at the end of the car park in town which is being used by someone as I often find stuff there on the odd occasion I visit it.Check out a book called "Weird calderdale" for more information on strange stuff in the area.the bookshop in hebden bridge "The Bookcase" stock it.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Spackler

Post by Spackler »

Steve Jones wrote: Lots of stuff on the moors near there Spackler. there is an old wellhead just at the end of the car park in town which is being used by someone as I often find stuff there on the odd occasion I visit it.Check out a book called "Weird calderdale" for more information on strange stuff in the area.the bookshop in hebden bridge "The Bookcase" stock it. Hi Steve, thanks a lot for the information. I'll hunt out that book as sounds like its exactly what I need. Can I just ask about the wellhead and what you mean by the 'stuff' you find

Keg

Post by Keg »

It's always been viewed as an "alternative lifestyle" town> i believeit has the highest number of same sex couples in the country, the largest proportion being Sapphic. It's a very pretty town with lots of cafes (veggie espc).The old Bradford University Observatory was on the tops towards Keighley but has now sadly gone. Not aware of any paranormal stuff, all the locals are like that :-)
Keg