Ghosts at seacroft hospital

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
smudge

Post by smudge »

Hi.Has anyone had any personal experience of ghosts or strange happenings on the wards at seacroft hospital. I have been working there for a while and have had something happen to me. I was working away when i heard a young girls voice from behind me. I turned around and there was no one there. I thought nothing of it until a colleague, without me saying anything said the exact same had happened to them at about the same time. I think parts of the hospital were childrens wards a long time ago. Thanks very much.

ads

Post by ads »

Seacroft Hospital was originally known as Seacroft Infectious Hospital, and was were the sufferers of such delights as Scarlet Fever and Dyptheria were sent. Given that these were quite often childhood illnesses and were often fatal, it is not suprising that there may be some poor lost young souls within the place. My mother did her nursing traing there in the 1940's.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Seacroft was indeed a Hospital for Infectious Diseases with its counterpart across the road Killingbeck, which was a Sanatorium for TB sufferers and, long-gone before the main hospital was destroyed, an isolation annexe used to house Smallpox cases.In my time around there I never heard of any strange happenings that couldn't be explained away. (except maybe my experience half way up the clock tower, but that's another thing all together!)

Festwerfer

Post by Festwerfer »

I spent 2 weeks in there in 1989 with a severe case of Glandular fever and I can tell you there is the ghost of a black Labrador roaming around the grounds. I may have been ill but I was not of my head on drugs I know what I saw. Also I think it was used as a military hospital in one of the 2 world wars ( not 100% sure on that)    

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

Not disbelieving you but how was it different from a *real* black labrador?    

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Geordie-exile wrote: Not disbelieving you but how was it different from a *real* black labrador?     Probably when it liayed down to lick its bum its head went through its ars* !!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

Si

Post by Si »

Chris, what are you on!!!!!

Si

Post by Si »

chameleon wrote: Seacroft was indeed a Hospital for Infectious Diseases with its counterpart across the road Killingbeck, which was a Sanatorium for TB sufferers and, long-gone before the main hospital was destroyed, an isolation annexe used to house Smallpox cases.In my time around there I never heard of any strange happenings that couldn't be explained away. (except maybe my experience half way up the clock tower, but that's another thing all together!) I once shot some footage on the ledge around the top of that tower with Harry Gration, for the proposed tram line - about 1990ish.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Si wrote: chameleon wrote: Seacroft was indeed a Hospital for Infectious Diseases with its counterpart across the road Killingbeck, which was a Sanatorium for TB sufferers and, long-gone before the main hospital was destroyed, an isolation annexe used to house Smallpox cases.In my time around there I never heard of any strange happenings that couldn't be explained away. (except maybe my experience half way up the clock tower, but that's another thing all together!) I once shot some footage on the ledge around the top of that tower with Harry Gration, for the proposed tram line - about 1990ish. Good views Si, even better when you get up on top of it - especially trying to keep hold of a 20' aerial mast at the same time! The would be security guard years ago used to walk around with a strange dog at heel, always looked as though it would run a mile if it saw trouble

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

I belive that the clock Tower also doubles as a water tower.Anybody able to confirm this please.My wife worked at Seacroft and had no ghostly experineces but things have been a bit spooky on the Beckett Wing at Jimmys,footsteps on empty wards 29-30 which were locked out of useduring refurbishment.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.